PSA for Sussex Freshers

Don't buy the rox wristband lol
why?
University of Sussex
University of Sussex
Brighton
why not? It's too late now for me anyway

Posted from TSR Mobile
Personally dont think its worth it lol, dont really plan to go to most events throughout the year either, only a fair amount during freshers -Ive lived in brighton a year now, dont really like the nightlife :shifty:
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by OverSoul124
Personally dont think its worth it lol, dont really plan to go to most events throughout the year either, only a fair amount during freshers -Ive lived in brighton a year now, dont really like the nightlife :shifty:

Can I ask how come you don't like the nightlife? Always thought Brighton was awesome for that!
Patterns Volks > Shoooooosh
Original post by MissEllieL
Can I ask how come you don't like the nightlife? Always thought Brighton was awesome for that!

If youre an extrovert who likes to club youll like it, theres clubs by the seafront, and the seafront comes to life at night too, but there are gross drunks you need to be wary of and always make sure youll be safe (go w/friends etc). My boyfriend doesnt like a fair amount of the djs here so ive not been to any here yet, im also not a big clubber which is why i say i dont like it :tongue: its all up to preference, but give it a go by all means if you wish :smile:
(edited 7 years ago)
If youre an extrovert who is a regular clubber youll like it, theres clubs by the seafront, and the seafront comes to life at night too, but there are gross drunks you need to be wary of and always make sure youll be safe (go w/friends etc). My boyfriend doesnt like a fair amount of the djs here so ive not been to any here yet, im also not a big clubber which is why i say i dont like it :tongue: its all up to preference, but give it a go by all means if you wish :smile:

Thanks for the reply! I'm not an experienced clubber but have been a few times and enjoyed it, I guess it depends on the atmosphere of the particular club partly. Are there nice (but reasonable for a student budget) bars and things to go to if you want a big-ish night away from campus but not clubbing? Are the gross drunks any worse than anywhere else do you think? I guess most important thing is to go with people and stick together, mainly avoid ending up on your own at night! And if all else fails there's always East Slope bar :biggrin:
Thanks for the reply! I'm not an experienced clubber but have been a few times and enjoyed it, I guess it depends on the atmosphere of the particular club partly. Are there nice (but reasonable for a student budget) bars and things to go to if you want a big-ish night away from campus but not clubbing? Are the gross drunks any worse than anywhere else do you think? I guess most important thing is to go with people and stick together, mainly avoid ending up on your own at night! And if all else fails there's always East Slope bar :biggrin:

Definitely give it a go with friends, if you want you can have friends from back home visit for a night (i wanna do this at some point ^.^), i think all gross drunks in england are of the same level haha, on a friday or saturday night go exploring with a group of friends, go on the i360 which opened this summer, have a bbq on the beach, and when its cold (which it gets very around here, due to being so close to the sea) stay in and have a movie night with your housemates :smile: youll get to know the area once you move here so dont worry :smile: x
Definitely give it a go with friends, if you want you can have friends from back home visit for a night (i wanna do this at some point ^.^), i think all gross drunks in england are of the same level haha, on a friday or saturday night go exploring with a group of friends, go on the i360 which opened this summer, have a bbq on the beach, and when its cold (which it gets very around here, due to being so close to the sea) stay in and have a movie night with your housemates :smile: youll get to know the area once you move here so dont worry :smile: x

Hopefully there should be a few chances to go with friends soon after starting, and I definitely want to have some friends from home visit at some point later on in the term after everyone's settled in! I think gross drunks and creepy dudes are standard for a night out anywhere haha, I guess if you go in a group from halls and have guys with you too it might help with that! Thanks for the tips, the i360 looks awesome! Hopefully the weather will last for a bbq on the beach too. I'm very excited about moving in and finding some amazing places to go! :biggrin:
Hopefully there should be a few chances to go with friends soon after starting, and I definitely want to have some friends from home visit at some point later on in the term after everyone's settled in! I think gross drunks and creepy dudes are standard for a night out anywhere haha, I guess if you go in a group from halls and have guys with you too it might help with that! Thanks for the tips, the i360 looks awesome! Hopefully the weather will last for a bbq on the beach too. I'm very excited about moving in and finding some amazing places to go! :biggrin:

Good luck to you starting this year! :biggrin:
Good luck to you starting this year! :biggrin:

Thanks! I'm sure it'll be awesome :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest