The Student Room Group

Pokemon GO! Official Thread - now officially released in the UK!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Scienceisgood
Hey, I'm half tempted to spend £15 on bag and Pokemon upgrades and the rest in incubators to get rid of all my old eggs. =l
I think I have some eggs from when I was level 18...
Posted from TSR Mobile

gimme free stuff :colone:
lol I'm only level 15 XD
Original post by Sephiroth
I'm saving up my coins to buy a set of 8 lucky eggs to help me get from 26-30, which is when I'll run out of free ones. After 30 I won't care about leveling up as it just gets ridiculous. I'm currently 24.

I did spend some money increasing my bag storage to 600 however, which I upped to 650 from my first gym coins. I needed the space to store lots of balls and potions. My Pokemon storage is 300 as well, means I have to faff about with transfers less often as I'm usually at about 150-200 that I want to keep either for evolve EXP, duplicates of rares I'm keeping for trading or duplicates that are among my best Pokemon. Like 4 of my best 6 CP Pokemon are Hypnos due to how common they are.

Having thought about this, I can't see myself playing much Pokemon Go after the weather turns bad in Oct/Nov. Who wants to wander around when it's raining!? Can't see myself getting past level 25 unfortunately.

Original post by inhuman
The new Appraisal option is completely useless!

Oh not, my Vaporeon that has an XS marker is the "smallest he has ever seen". Wow, how helpful.

Given that there are numerous IV calculators out there, I do not think they should have bothered with this, like at all. Waste of time. Could have improved something else.

I guess it's better than nothing. A lot of casual players might like the addition (most probably don't even know about IVs) but I also complained about it feeling a bit useless.

tomtjl shared this link: http://pokemongo.gamepress.gg/pokemon-appraisal

Which when used with an IV calculator, could help narrow down what your pokemon is?

Original post by CheeseIsVeg
When all you have is 5km eggs and they all hatch into rats :sigh:

Ouch!

Hey, I'm half tempted to spend £15 on bag and Pokemon upgrades and the rest in incubators to get rid of all my old eggs. =l

I think I have some eggs from when I was level 18...

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yea ditto on considering buying 3-4 incubators to get rid of 5k eggs.. I have 8 at the moment.
Original post by Zerforax
Having thought about this, I can't see myself playing much Pokemon Go after the weather turns bad in Oct/Nov. Who wants to wander around when it's raining!? Can't see myself getting past level 25 unfortunately.

I guess it's better than nothing. A lot of casual players might like the addition (most probably don't even know about IVs) but I also complained about it feeling a bit useless.

tomtjl shared this link: http://pokemongo.gamepress.gg/pokemon-appraisal

Which when used with an IV calculator, could help narrow down what your pokemon is?

Ouch!

Yea ditto on considering buying 3-4 incubators to get rid of 5k eggs.. I have 8 at the moment.

ikr fml m8
I think my Magnamite has IVs of 14/15/15. Shame it's not a stronger pokemon!
Guys, I've been saving my incense for a while now (currently have 2) and was thinking of using them when I make my way back down to Bristol in a week or two for uni and since I will be on the coach, I can just see what I can find because I read somewhere that a new Pokemon will spawn every couple hundred meters when using incense?

Good idea or no?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Guys, I've been saving my incense for a while now (currently have 2) and was thinking of using them when I make my way back down to Bristol in a week or two for uni and since I will be on the coach, I can just see what I can find because I read somewhere that a new Pokemon will spawn every couple hundred meters when using incense?

Good idea or no?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Surely the speed of the coach will be too high to register distance?
Surely the speed of the coach will be too high to register distance?

I thought speed only affected egg hatching or am I wrong?

Posted from TSR Mobile
I thought speed only affected egg hatching or am I wrong?

Posted from TSR Mobile

tom would probably know :colondollar:

Ugh saw a wild Magmar and then the app crashed and disappeared when it reloaded.
tom would probably know :colondollar:

Ugh saw a wild Magmar and then the app crashed and disappeared when it reloaded.

Am I now the local expert on Pokemon? :tongue:.

The incense trick might work, however there are some issues with it. When traveling at higher speeds, it seems that if you don't catch your Pokemon with the first Pokeball that you use, it will run away. I'm unsure if this is due to speed or distance, but in my experience (having played the game on trains, etc) and what others have told me, it can be quite difficult to catch while traveling at high speeds.

Plus, if you're traveling at 70mph (assumedly you're taking the motorway?) then simply clicking on the Pokemon before it disappears will be a challenge as the map is so small as the game is meant to played at walking pace.

That said, if there is heavy traffic of if you're traveling >15mph (that's approximately the speed limit for POGO) due to being in a city centre or such, then it's probably worth it. Since you have 2 of them (and incenses are pretty crap, tbh) you could try it with one and see how well it works. If it doesn't work particularly well, you won't have missed out on much (max. of 6 Pokemon, really) whereas if it works well then you have potentially quite a bit to gain.
Ugh stuck at work and I've got a 10k egg at 9.99km :colonhash:

Better be something good! Got a second scyther yesterday which wasn't helpful.

Anyone got a link which shows max CP of each pokemon at your current level?

The below link has for level 40 but that's not particularly helpful since I want to check at level 22.

http://uk.ign.com/wikis/pokemon-go/Pokemon_Max_CP
(edited 7 years ago)

The below link has for level 40 but that's not particularly helpful since I want to check at level 22.

Just walk to and from the toilets. =P
Also, I thought wild and egg pokemon caps were reached once you hit level 30?
My boyfriend deleted the game today because he's bored of it and there's not enough to do. He's level 24 and has been playing since release. :/

I don't think that's a thing, currently :tongue:. Each Pokemon would have to have 40 columns for the max CP, it would be a mess! Plus the max CP list comes directly from the coding of the game, nobody has looked for the max CP at each level afaik.

Egg Pokemon will always hatch at a maximum of level 20 and wild Pokemon can be caught at a maximum of level 30, but the maximum level itself is 40. So from 30 onwards you can only power up your Pokemon for a new max CP.

Wasn't picking up my GPS enough so had to wander out for lunch.

Hatched a Lapras!! :biggrin:
CP 1694 and the IV calculator has it at 15/13/15 so it's near perfect :woo:

Move set is Frost Breath and Ice Beam so the only not amazing thing is that it doesn't have Blizzard as the charge move (which has a higher DPS).

The thing I don't understand about the DPS calculations - what is it based on? Surely the fact that it takes twice as long to charge up counts against it?

Any event, I'm going to start powering up this Lapras with stardust and candy as:
- I don't know if/when I'll get another high level Lapras with good IVs/moves
- I've got 150k stardust so I may as well use some
- with double ice moves, it can be my Dragonite killer :biggrin:

The level of the CP you can catch/hatch caps at level 30 but you can still increase the CP with stardust/candy so the actual ceiling is higher.
Original post by tomtjl
I don't think that's a thing, currently :tongue:. Each Pokemon would have to have 40 columns for the max CP, it would be a mess! Plus the max CP list comes directly from the coding of the game, nobody has looked for the max CP at each level afaik.

Egg Pokemon will always hatch at a maximum of level 20 and wild Pokemon can be caught at a maximum of level 30, but the maximum level itself is 40. So from 30 onwards you can only power up your Pokemon for a new max CP.

Did not know about the egg level cap being 20.

Update on the Lapras - managed 7 powerups until I reached my level cap and now my Lapras is CP 1991 (little annoyed I wasn't able to break the 2k mark). Still got candies for 2 more upgrades so should be able to push it on later.

Anyone know when the CP cap increases? Is it only at each new level or does it happen at halfway through a level too?
(edited 7 years ago)
Did not know about the egg level cap being 20.

Update on the Lapras - managed 7 powerups until I reached my level cap and now my Lapras is CP 1991 (little annoyed I wasn't able to break the 2k mark). Still got candies for 2 more upgrades so should be able to push it on later.

Anyone know when the CP cap increases? Is it only at each new level or does it happen at halfway through a level too?

CP cap changes every level - weird that I didn't get a notification for you quoting me :redface:.
Original post by tomtjl
CP cap changes every level - weird that I didn't get a notification for you quoting me :redface:.

Hmm something must be up with TSR as I didn't get a notification from your quote either. Was hoping it might be every half level (since IV calculators refer to 0.5 levels at points). Ah well.. I'll just have to wait a while before I can do one my power up to get my Lapras past 2k.

Incidentally, the Lapras hatched from the 10k egg that I put in the incubator for which I swapped my 150 coins for so now I feel like it was a good investment :biggrin:
Am a little annoyed now because Valor seems to be expanding in my area now...
Have seen an increased presence taking over our turf... BEGONE!
(edited 7 years ago)
So went for a slow amble for an hour..

3.5km with 45 pokemon caught and added about 10k XP. Used 2 incense in that time.. not many exciting stuff caught and only 6 pidgey! :frown:

Can't see myself playing past level 25 to be honest, feels like too much of a grind and I don't think I have the time/patience for it.

On that note, what are people's goals? :colondollar:
I know some people are trying to fill their pokedex as much as possible. Others just want to get as high in trainer level as they can and then lastly you have those who just want a team of high CP pokemon (later two often combine).
Reply 1479
Caught this mother****er earlier today.

Used up at least 30 ultra balls, ran out and then caught it in a regular Pokeball lol.

I was so annoyed that I wasted those precious ultra balls that I raged and levelled it up to 1600+ CP... but it still sucks omg and i'm down 30 dratini candy. Can't complain about finding it but wow the CPs I've found have been shocking

Quick Reply

Latest