The Student Room Group

Twin room at university- introverted!

So I will probably have to share a room with someone at uni because it is the only accommodation the university has left to offer. But I absolutely hate the idea of not being able to have time alone to recharge- for a whole year! I am really nervous about sharing with someone else.

Has anyone had positive experiences with sharing a room? Especially if you're introverted :/
Reply 1
Bump!
Ask to be put on the waiiting list to be moved to a single room of one becomes available. there will normally be leavers in the first month.
There are alos private halls you cna look at? Have you checked?

It can work out and you can make a great friend. Bit pot luck though, Maybe set out some rules beforehand and make sure you have an equal share.
(edited 7 years ago)
Nightmare. Try and look for alternatives
Reply 4
Original post by RelucBeam
Nightmare. Try and look for alternatives

I emailed them to ask, but no reply yet :/ it actually would be my idea of hell tbh
Original post by Lularose83
I emailed them to ask, but no reply yet :/ it actually would be my idea of hell tbh

Then dont do it. Ask accommodation if they have anything temporrary where you can stay till a single room becomes available. Honestly some people will leave their course early because they cant deal with being homesick etc.
Reply 6
Original post by 999tigger
Then dont do it. Ask accommodation if they have anything temporrary where you can stay till a single room becomes available. Honestly some people will leave their course early because they cant deal with being homesick etc.

I hope a room becomes available eventually then! Or to keep things less complicated do you think I should just go for it and try my best to make the most out of the situation?
Just try spending much of your day out of the room then
It really is hit and miss I'm afraid. I had two roomates (first dropped out) and they were both great. The first one I had was more a friend of convenience (i.e. we probably wouldn't have been friends otherwise - just different views etc.) but my second (who I was very shy around at first and vice versa) turned out to be amazing and by the end of the year I was genuinely upset she was moving back abroad (erasmus). We still talk a bit though. She also spent a lot of her time asleep which helped with the recharging.

I'm not biased because other people in my halls had terrible roommates so I know both sides. If you get a good roommate, it'll probably help you come out of your shell and you could have a friend for life. If not, well, that's part of the university experience :P

Quick Reply

Latest