The Student Room Group

GCSE Remark Question

Does the examiner know what mark it was before? are they given information about the student's attainment in the other modules in the subject so they have an idea of why the candidate has requested a remark? Or are they just given a blank version of the script again and they give their own mark with no knowledge of its previous mark?
Please help me? I swear this will be the last question I ask on remarking - I know I've been a devil all week.
Lol, you've been a devil all week?
I think a lot of people r freaking out on some dodgy grades they've got that don't reflect their efforts at all
Not entirely sure but I don't actually think they'd know your previous grade as this wouldn't be fair because it could influence the new grade they'd give you therefore a remark wouldn't be worth it and so common if the new examiner knew ur original grade. To clarify things, you could maybe contact the exam board or even ask a teacher at school- there is bound to be an examiner teacher at your school that you may know of. I know at least 2-3 who were or still are examiners so ask
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Starlight2000
Lol, you've been a devil all week?
I think a lot of people r freaking out on some dodgy grades they've got that don't reflect their efforts at all
Not entirely sure but I don't actually think they'd know your previous grade as this wouldn't be fair because it could influence the new grade they'd give you therefore a remark wouldn't be worth it and so common if the new examiner knew ur original grade. To clarify things, you could maybe contact the exam board or even ask a teacher at school- there is bound to be an examiner teacher at your school that you may know of. I know at least 2-3 who were or still are examiners so ask

Thanks mannnnn :biggrin: I was 2 marks off of my target in literature so yeah I will enquire

Quick Reply

Latest