The Student Room Group

GCSE results good enough for Cambridge uni?

Hey :smile:
For GCSE, I got 5A*'s (Core science, maths, further maths, biology, chemistry), 3A's(English lit, Statistics, Physics), B's(Music, German, Art), 2 C's (English Lang, Product Design). I'm hoping to do Chemistry at Cambridge, but I'm not sure if these grade are good enough. I'm hoping to get very good A-Levels (at least 3A*'s). My grades could go up from remarks because I'm only 1 UMS mark off an A* in physics, 1/2 UMS marks off a B in Lang (coursework got knocked down as well so it could go up to an A), B in Product Design (coursework got knocked down so getting remarked) and German (hoping to get an A as I'm 5 UMS off and my coursework got knocked down from an A* to a C). Best case scenario = 6A*'s, 4A's and 3B's. Would I have a chance of getting in with best case/current case. Thanks :smile:
Your grades are fine for Cambridge. They place utmost importance on AS grades (including high UMS points), A2 predicted grades and interview performance. Make sure you study hard and effectively for the next two years and you shall definitely be a competitive applicant.
Hello, I have just finished GCSE's and I managed to achieve 7A*s, 1A, 1B and 2C's. I would like to apply for maths or physics at Cambridge but I'm really really not sure if these are good enough😁. I would like some advice please and if you think it's going to be difficult for me to get in, or that I can't get in I would like some Uniiversities you could reccomend, thanks you. At A-level I'm taking Maths, Further maths, Physics and Chemistry btw.
Original post by Productivity
Your grades are fine for Cambridge. They place utmost importance on AS grades (including high UMS points), A2 predicted grades and interview performance. Make sure you study hard and effectively for the next two years and you shall definitely be a competitive applicant.

How much does Cambridge look at GCSE grades? Eg. If I were to get only a few A's and the rest B/C's.
Original post by JoshuaLegend
Hello, I have just finished GCSE's and I managed to achieve 7A*s, 1A, 1B and 2C's. I would like to apply for maths or physics at Cambridge but I'm really really not sure if these are good enough😁. I would like some advice please and if you think it's going to be difficult for me to get in, or that I can't get in I would like some Uniiversities you could reccomend, thanks you. At A-level I'm taking Maths, Further maths, Physics and Chemistry btw.

I would imagine if you got A/A*'s in your important subjectsand great UMS scores in ur AS then you have a chance
Reply 5
Original post by TSlayerr
How much does Cambridge look at GCSE grades? Eg. If I were to get only a few A's and the rest B/C's.

Cambridge look at your Alevels, even down to your individual unit scores. Oxford are more concerned with your GCSEs

Quick Reply

Latest