The Student Room Group

A level resits

This is the last year it's possible to resit exams on the old spec and I really want to resit an exam but I have no idea of how to do it on my own. I got my results for my English language a level and I got 3 As and a C in my A2 exam. I want to resit this C so I can get an A*. The course was by AQA. Can someone tell me how I can go about in asking to do a resit, I'd probably go about it on my own as my college only offers resits for people who have completely failed.
Original post by Tsrsarahhhh
This is the last year it's possible to resit exams on the old spec and I really want to resit an exam but I have no idea of how to do it on my own. I got my results for my English language a level and I got 3 As and a C in my A2 exam. I want to resit this C so I can get an A*. The course was by AQA. Can someone tell me how I can go about in asking to do a resit, I'd probably go about it on my own as my college only offers resits for people who have completely failed.

You have done the course so all you need to do is work in your own time to revise the material and then take the exams as a private candidate. Ask your college exams office if you can pay and take the exams as a private candidate next summer. If not then you will have to search for another college/school that will.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by gdunne42
You have done the course so all you need to do is work in your own time to revise the material and then take the exams as a private candidate. Ask your college exams office if you can pay and take the exams as a private candidate next summer. If not then you will have to search for another college/school that will.

Posted from TSR Mobile

How do I go about this though? Should I just ring up all the colleges in my area and ask or is there a specific list of places where I can resit?
Original post by Tsrsarahhhh
How do I go about this though? Should I just ring up all the colleges in my area and ask or is there a specific list of places where I can resit?

Check your examiners web site for advice to private candidates. Some will be able to tell you which centres have accepted them in the past but yes, if your current school/college won't do it you will most likely just have to hit the phones when term starts and ask to speak to exams offices.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply