The Student Room Group

Are my A level choices ok for HSPS at Cambridge?

I really want to do the HSPS course at Cambridge, and I have to choose my A level options really soon. I think I'm going to do English lit, History, Government and Politics, and Theatre studies. Are these options ok?
Hiya, I'm starting HSPS in October- I took Lit, History, Pol and French at AS; dropped Lit as it was my lowest A. I would say they're definitely good but I would make sure your A levels are in English, Pol and History rather than Theatre- make sure you do well in History and Lit as they're the hardest subjects and prove that you can write well! Politics is pretty easy and not highly regarded but gives you a good ground knowledge and is important as it shows you're interested in your subject!
Reply 2
Original post by _rhiannon
Hiya, I'm starting HSPS in October- I took Lit, History, Pol and French at AS; dropped Lit as it was my lowest A. I would say they're definitely good but I would make sure your A levels are in English, Pol and History rather than Theatre- make sure you do well in History and Lit as they're the hardest subjects and prove that you can write well! Politics is pretty easy and not highly regarded but gives you a good ground knowledge and is important as it shows you're interested in your subject!

I agree. I'm applying this year and I'm doing Maths, Econ and Pol; did History for AS, but had to drop it.
Reply 3
Original post by _rhiannon

what grades did you get, if you don't mind me asking?
Reply 4
Do you think it would be better if I did Sociology instead of Theatre studies? I already do GCSE in Sociology so have a basic understanding of the subject, but as it is a part of the HSPS course, like Pol, could it be a better option?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending