The Student Room Group

I want to start a band- who wants to be in a band with me?

I would really like to start a band and bring back the good music of the 80s and 90s (and even the 70s). We will bring back rock and roll. It will be a sophisticated rock band like Radiohead. People have said my singing is 'so cool and amazing, like the female Thom Yorke'. Other influences include the Cure, Led Zeppelin, Talking Heads and Siouxsie and the Banshees.

Who wants to be in a band with me? You must be aged 16-18, male or female and be able to play an instrument well. I need a backing singer/ bassist, backing singer/ keyboardist, lead guitarist, main backing vocals/ music video choreographer/ technician and a drummer.

Please reply if you want to join and state what instrument you play. I could also do with a band manager so if you are good at keeping things in order and organizing things then leave a reply if you so wish to be the band manager. Thanks. We also need a band name. So if you have any suggestions let me know.

If you want to be band manager/ instrumentalist etc or if you think you can add to the band then join the band talk here: https://discord.gg/Y6xMH

BAND UPDATE
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
We already have: Violinist/ string/ piano player (CheeseIsVeg ), Keyboardist LDS16 ), Bassist (EdwardBarfield9 ), main backing vocalist/ technician (saraxh ) and main singer/ guitarist (me).

We just need a drummer, two more guitarists (including a lead guitarist) and possibly a band manager.

The band manager will assist with the band 'image' (including art word, costume design etc) and will help arrange gigs.

We also need a band name. So if you have any suggestions let me know.

If you want to be band manager/ instrumentalist etc or if you think you can add to the band then join the band talk here: https://discord.gg/Y6xMH
(edited 7 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Dang it I'm 19. Well there goes my dreams
£10 an hour?

I don't really mind. I'm loaded anyway.
Original post by Pinkberry_y
Dang it I'm 19. Well there goes my dreams

You could still be band manager?

The band manager can be older.
Reply 4
Dang it. I'm a lyricist

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Andy98
Dang it. I'm a lyricist

Posted from TSR Mobile

Can you play an instrument?

If you can play an instrument you can be a lyricist as well.
Original post by LDS16
I can play the piano and some guitar.
Put me on a keyboard and we'll be bashing out synth-pop tunes of the 80s in no time!

Brilliant! Just what we need. We have our keyboardist. Welcome to the band.

Do you have all the synth equipment and a keyboard?
Reply 7
Original post by cookie123456789
Can you play an instrument?

If you can play an instrument you can be a lyricist as well.

No, that's the point

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Andy98
No, that's the point

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh I see.

Well If I ever get stuck when writing a song I will give you a call.
Reply 9
Playing instruments isn't my forte.
Reply 10
Oh I see.

Well If I ever get stuck when writing a song I will give you a call.

Ok

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by UWS
Playing instruments isn't my forte.

Is band manager your forte?
Original post by LDS16
I have an electric piano which has a few sounds, and somewhere under my bed a keyboard with over 500 sounds. Don't have any big amps, but I'm sure we can sort that out before we start performing at the O2 arena and the next Glastonbury. Depending on the style you want for some songs it might be good to get a sample machine, so we can record some killer riff beats

Yes, ok that sounds brilliant. The piano and keyboard will do very nicely.
Oh yes don't worry, I have a few big amps already so we just need a few jamming sessions and few songs and we're all set for the O2 and Glastonbury. I can easily get my hands on a sample machine.
i'll sing
I'm a bassist/Guitarist
Original post by EdwardBarfield9
I'm a bassist/Guitarist

Brilliant. Which instrument do you prefer/ can you play better?

You need to be able to play the guitar exceptionally well if you want to be the lead guitarist.

You also need to be a very good bassist.
Original post by saraxh
i'll sing

At the moment I am the lead singer. You could perhaps be a backing singer?

Can you play any instruments?
Brilliant. Which instrument do you prefer/ can you play better?

You need to be able to play the guitar exceptionally well if you want to be the lead guitarist.

You also need to be a very good bassist.

I'm a solid guitarist, been playing for 13 years. However due to reasons I prefer to perform on bass. I'm a solid bassist, and I pick up songs fairly quickly. For reference I can play Tool songs
I would love to, but I can't play an instrument nor can I sing! I can do very good animal impressions though, if you'd be interested :smile:
Original post by EdwardBarfield9
I'm a solid guitarist, been playing for 13 years. However due to reasons I prefer to perform on bass. I'm a solid bassist, and I pick up songs fairly quickly. For reference I can play Tool songs

Ok, that's brilliant. Bassist it is then.

Welcome to the band.

Tool is great. Try listening to some 80s rock, Radiohead and Talking Heads as well to pick up their songs and the sound the band is likely have.

Quick Reply

Latest