The Student Room Group

Maths at university

Hello there i recently recieved my GCSE results and got decent result.
So i picked mt A-level which are Maths, Economics, Physics and Business. So my question is that can i do maths at a good university with out doing Futher maths at A-level,
Any advice will be appreciated.
Original post by Ariyan khan
So i picked mt A-level which are Maths, Economics, Physics and Business. So my question is that can i do maths at a good university with out doing Futher maths at A-level,

Further maths would really be an advantage in fact by taking further maths some universities will reduce the entry requirement by one grade but yes you can e.g. Leeds and Southampton
Oh thanks
Original post by swagmister
Further maths would really be an advantage in fact by taking further maths some universities will reduce the entry requirement by one grade but yes you can e.g. Leeds and Southampton
I would say drop Business and self study FM if being taught it is not an option.
Would you advice me to take up As further maths at A2
Original post by SeanFM
I would say drop Business and self study FM if being taught it is not an option.

Sack Businees Studies right off now and do Further Maths instead
Reply 6
Original post by Kieranisda1
Sack Businees Studies right off now and do Further Maths instead

Agreed
Ok i will take further maths instead of business
Original post by M14B
Agreed
Would you advice me to take up As further maths at A2

It's an option but I would say take it up to at least AS (preferably do the whole A-level) if you're aiming for top unis. Also have a look at some introductory uni stuff after you've finished Year 12 just to make sure that it's for you. The stuff studied in a maths degree like algebra, analysis etc isn't everyone's cup of tea and can be quite boring at times.

Quick Reply

Latest