The Student Room Group

1st year Adult Nursing - University of Greenwich (Avery Hill)

Hi guys!
Do you know what topics should I focus on during the first weeks? Something to revise or to study in advance?

Also does the uni tell me what books I should buy and when?

Thank you
Reply 1
If you want some pre reading get yourself a good a&p book :smile: Ross and Wilson is fab. Also a study skills book if you'd like (dirt cheap off amazon!). Uni will give you a reading list with each module....but all the books will be available in their library so there's no need to buy any really! I know people who've never bought 1 and got on just fine. It's completely up to you. I'm looking at buying a Royal marsden clinical skills book also....really useful for when you are on placement but it's abit pricey! Hope this helps
Original post by wbnurse
If you want some pre reading get yourself a good a&p book :smile: Ross and Wilson is fab. Also a study skills book if you'd like (dirt cheap off amazon!). Uni will give you a reading list with each module....but all the books will be available in their library so there's no need to buy any really! I know people who've never bought 1 and got on just fine. It's completely up to you. I'm looking at buying a Royal marsden clinical skills book also....really useful for when you are on placement but it's abit pricey! Hope this helps

I heard about Ross and Wilson's book. Could you give me any good title for the study skills book? I saw there are many.
Thank you so much btw. Your answer was helpful. :smile:
Reply 3
Original post by MadeleineGris
I heard about Ross and Wilson's book. Could you give me any good title for the study skills book? I saw there are many.
Thank you so much btw. Your answer was helpful. :smile:

No problem! I have writing for nurses and midwives....it's a purple book and it's fab :smile: also there's a book called handbook for student nurses that's really good also! Has a picture of like a woman with balloons if I remember rightly without googling the author haha
Original post by wbnurse
No problem! I have writing for nurses and midwives....it's a purple book and it's fab :smile: also there's a book called handbook for student nurses that's really good also! Has a picture of like a woman with balloons if I remember rightly without googling the author haha

Awesome! Thanks :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest