The Student Room Group

History or Sociology at A-Level?

I am planning to study Psychology at University next year and I need to decide what subjects to continue with at A-Level. I studied Psychology, English Literature, History and Sociology at AS but I don't know whether to drop History or Sociology this year! I am better at Sociology but have a passion for History, any ideas what I should do?
Original post by chelstiffany
I am planning to study Psychology at University next year and I need to decide what subjects to continue with at A-Level. I studied Psychology, English Literature, History and Sociology at AS but I don't know whether to drop History or Sociology this year! I am better at Sociology but have a passion for History, any ideas what I should do?

as long as there isn't too much of a gap, i'd say go with your passion. you'll find it easier to learn than something you dont want to learn so i'd do history.
Idk you have a passion for history but sociology is much easier to get a good mark in. I was faced with a similar predicament last year when i had to drop either biology or sociology. Bio i actually liked but i got a bad grade so i dropped it and i regretted it afterwards even though i got an A* in sociology. I would go with history because you will regret dropping it (however if you just want to get an easy grade i would just stay with sociology) :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest