The Student Room Group

HELP - in tears - Physiotherapy

I really want to do Physiotherapy at Uni, but wouldn't mind doing Occupational Therapy. I am really starting to panic now, as I might not get in to do my course!!

We have looked at every option to get in, even via nursing then switching a year in to Physio, but I really don't want to go down this path and do nursing.

My results - BTEC Sport Diploma (Performance and Excellence) = D*D*
BTEC Applied Science Subsidiary Diploma = D*
AS Psychology = D

I've been in tears with stress, and don't know what to do. HELP!! :'( :'( :'( :'(
Original post by Pips
I really want to do Physiotherapy at Uni, but wouldn't mind doing Occupational Therapy. I am really starting to panic now, as I might not get in to do my course!!

We have looked at every option to get in, even via nursing then switching a year in to Physio, but I really don't want to go down this path and do nursing.

My results - BTEC Sport Diploma (Performance and Excellence) = D*D*
BTEC Applied Science Subsidiary Diploma = D*
AS Psychology = D

I've been in tears with stress, and don't know what to do. HELP!! :'( :'( :'( :'(

Nursing is an incredibly demanding course and if it isn't what you ultimately want to do you will likely have either an awful time or end up dropping out. Transferring really isn't as easy as it may sound, too. OT and physio are completely different careers so you would be better off doing some more research or work experience to try and work out which one better suits you if you are having doubts at this stage.

Try using the UniMatch service on TSR. I've inputted your grades for physio and 37 results have appeared for physiotherapy. Obviously you would need to check on their websites for the most up to date entry requirements and also have relevant work experience etc.
https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/university/*
To add on the above post, i personally emailed each University that I wanted to attend (their physiotherapy admission department, could be health care admissions) and told them what my grades were and what i could do to get into their university. I found that each University has subtle differences in what they are looking for.
Reply 3
If you're not 100% sure then take a year out to get some work experience and really look into what it is you want to do. Taking a year out is not the end of the world and if you get the correct work experience, it can in fact really help you get onto a physio/occupational therapy degree as they look for relevant work experience in their candidates.
At least then you can do some intense research, discuss you options with various universities and take some pressure off yourself. It's also an opportunity to do some full time work and get a bit of money behind you before you do go to Uni (I ended up taking 2 years out before deciding on Physio for this year!)
Original post by ElliotTJ32
To add on the above post, i personally emailed each University that I wanted to attend (their physiotherapy admission department, could be health care admissions) and told them what my grades were and what i could do to get into their university. I found that each University has subtle differences in what they are looking for.

what were you grades? and what did they ask for?:smile: please explain
Original post by Sanniabir
what were you grades? and what did they ask for?:smile: please explain

I am a graduate of Business Studies so they took my 2:1 and also required a B or above in A-level Biology. This was alongside working as a care assistant full time for around a year plus around 2-3 weeks of shadowing physios in a variety of different departments. My main point was to contact each University and get the information for you as an individual. I am aware that some Universities would not have accepted my grades. My previous A levels were BCD in non science subjects. I recently sat the Biology and got the B so was accepted into Cardiff. (I believe my work experience was the main reason for me being offered a place).

Quick Reply

Latest