The Student Room Group

I get the impression this site is very left wing

As the title says. I have a Theory as to why, it being a website for the millennial generation and as some of you may be aware, the millennial generation has been brainwashed by the liberal/leftist agenda since they were going to primary school. Hence why the younger generation think the way they do - liberal, overly compassionate to bad entities, no boarders, citizens of the world and terrified of offending anyone who isn't white.

Scroll to see replies

Being liberal is just being open to diversity, isn't that a good thing?

What bad entities are you speaking of? The world needs compassion and empathy and also understanding. It is impossible to understand "bad entities" and why they do what they do unless you can see it from their side, unless you can try to understand what they want and why they do it. That is what will truly solve these issues, not and endless cycle of crime>capital punishment>crime.

I assume you mean borders.
We're just the people who look at Imagine by John Lennon and actually mean it when we say it's an inspirational song.
So many people say they want peace and harmony in the world whilst in the same breath talk of division.

What is wrong with being a citizen of the world? You're a human being, aren't you? We are the same race as those in other countries. UK, Iraq, USA, Syria, China, New Zealand, India, Poland, Sweden, South Korea, Somalia. We are all people, we are all of the same race, we are the human race. There is nothing wrong with being able to look past your nationality, recognising it is a man-made concept and looking at others as you look at those who live around you.

I'm not terrified of offending anyone, I try my best not to cause anyone discomfort if I can help it. I'm not scared of offending anyone "who isn't white" because the only time race would matter is if I was being racist, which I'm not.
I don't not be racist, homophobic, sexist etc because I'm scared to offend, it's because I genuinely am not those things and believe everyone deserves to be treated equally, without discrimination.

You're so caught up in your own thoughts and opinions that you can't possibly understand why anyone would think any differently unless they'd been brainwashed.
You are clearly new here
Original post by PandaCalavera

being "liberal" is a bit more than that...
...and right wingers aren't against diversity - they're usually just against *forced* diversity for the sake of some utopian agenda

What bad entities are you speaking of? The world needs compassion and empathy and also understanding.

that's not how the world works - if you direct your foreign policy with "empathy" and "compassion", you'll end up getting exploited and screwed. every state out there exists to advance the interests of its people, not *other* people. their people get taxed so that their states can make themselves useful for *them*, the tax payers, not *non-tax payers*. why should a government be a servant to foreign populations? I don't understand that

It is impossible to understand "bad entities" and why they do what they do unless you can see it from their side, unless you can try to understand what they want and why they do it. That is what will truly solve these issues, not and endless cycle of crime>capital punishment>crime.

all states are the same. all human beings are, to some level, the same. we all want our interests served. there are basically no human beings who are real altruists. and if they exist, they are insane.

We're just the people who look at Imagine by John Lennon and actually mean it when we say it's an inspirational song.

uhh...john lennon was a musician, not a philosopher or politician...he wrote some "groovy" lyrics but they were all based on fantasy and dream.

So many people say they want peace and harmony in the world whilst in the same breath talk of division.

unconditional "peace and harmony" won't happen for our species - all we can expect is "troubled peace" as the best we can do - if you want any kind of peace then you have to be prepared for war, as they say.

What is wrong with being a citizen of the world? You're a human being, aren't you? We are the same race as those in other countries. UK, Iraq, USA, Syria, China, New Zealand, India, Poland, Sweden, South Korea, Somalia. We are all people, we are all of the same race, we are the human race. There is nothing wrong with being able to look past your nationality, recognising it is a man-made concept and looking at others as you look at those who live around you.

there is no such thing as a world citizen because there is no world government. the word "citizen" has a real meaning. it's a member of a political society. and without a vehicle for political affairs (a state), then there is no citizen.

I'm not terrified of offending anyone, I try my best not to cause anyone discomfort if I can help it. I'm not scared of offending anyone "who isn't white" because the only time race would matter is if I was being racist, which I'm not.
I don't not be racist, homophobic, sexist etc because I'm scared to offend, it's because I genuinely am not those things and believe everyone deserves to be treated equally, without discrimination.

what about logical discrimination? do you see all discrimination as the same?

You're so caught up in your own thoughts and opinions that you can't possibly understand why anyone would think any differently unless they'd been brainwashed.

I actually see quite a lot of this SJW stuff as the product of cultural engineering to be honest. not just from a government-down level, but from all formal institutions and authorities - everything from the top civil servant down to the social worker. they are all employed to advance a certain agenda, and obviously, the certain agenda they are advancing today (which has no direct or literalist policy format as it is based on inbetween the lines of pieces of legislation/orders) is pretty much a googly-eyed utopian vision where people who do not deserve equality (etc) are entitled to it just because
(edited 7 years ago)
You've got the wrong impression. That is all.
Original post by SamDrake
As the title says. I have a Theory as to why, it being a website for the millennial generation and as some of you may be aware, the millennial generation has been brainwashed by the liberal/leftist agenda since they were going to primary school. Hence why the younger generation think the way they do - liberal, overly compassionate to bad entities, no boarders, citizens of the world and terrified of offending anyone who isn't white.

Then you havent looked properly.

Btw feel free to offend people if thats your persuasion.
Being liberal is just being open to diversity, isn't that a good thing?.
so, if being liberal is clearly such a good thing, why aren't we all liberals ? are conservatives, or even reactionaries, evil ?

or perhaps, on the left you have the optimists, those who have a quasi-unlimited faith in the good nature of humans, and in their perfectibility, while on the other side you have the pessimists, who think that most humans will turn dirty tricks if they only get half a chance ?

you could call it a realist/idealist divide, and the strength of our democratic system is in the pendulum swings between these two poles

in my view, there are cases where you should use caution and conservatives may be right, and cases where there is ground for hope

best
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by James.Carnell
Nah its not. It's psuedo left wing, when you get down to it, they would not give up the capitalist minority oppressing system that serve them so well. They are essentially white kids spewing happy lines from their comfortable suburban dwellings.

I agree with the last sentence except I don't think you should single out white kids. This site is over whelmingly not even white, 80% of the users, old, new, and occasional are not white. They are South Asian. The site definitely is pseudo left wing, its a bunch of teenagers agreeing with each other for acceptance purposes only, it's nauseating. I for one am white and am not comfortable or suburban, don't underestimate the nonwhites who are just as clueless.
It's because the users of this sight fit the typical liberal left winger stereotype: students who think they can change the world and live in their ideal fantasy Corbyn/Green Party world

What bad entities are you speaking of? The world needs compassion and empathy and also understanding. It is impossible to understand "bad entities" and why they do what they do unless you can see it from their side, unless you can try to understand what they want and why they do it. That is what will truly solve these issues, not and endless cycle of crime>capital punishment>crime.

typical tsr post and you have the nerve to call someone brainwashed. Enjoy your "reps." Cuz that's all you're gonna get.
Thank goodness this website is mainly liberal and left-wing, or else I wouldn't be here!
If we were all brainwashed by liberals and leftists, why are there still UKIP and Tory supporting kids?
Also never associate liberals and leftists, I’m a Communist but I abhor the current Liberal movement. Plus, national borders are irrelevant, we are more divided by class than nationality.
Original post by Mathemagicien
Why do so many people assume being left-wing is equivalent to being a liberal?

The two terms are very different. I identify as far-left, but I am far from being an SJW.

Same mate, same.
Original post by mariachi
so, if being liberal is clearly such a good thing, why aren't we all liberals ? are conservatives, or even reactionaries, evil ?

or perhaps, on the left you have the optimists, those who have a quasi-unlimited faith in the good nature of humans, and in their perfectibility, while on the other side you have the pessimists, who think that most humans will turn dirty tricks if they only get half a chance ?

you could call it a realist/idealist divide, and the strength of our democratic system is in the pendulum swings between these two poles

in my view, there are cases where you should use caution and conservatives may be right, and cases where there is ground for hope

best

What does being a liberal mean to you? Liberalism is such a nebulous concept that it's easy to talk at cross-purposes in conversations like this.*
Original post by Mathemagicien
Not everyone is susceptible to brainwashing. Some are too smart, some too dumb, some too rebellious, some with bad parents/teachers, many don't go to state schools.

It is hilarious that communism is now associated with liberalism, but understandable, given the number of SJWs who call themselves communists, without having a clue what they are talking about ("communism is just saying that we're all equal, brahhhh":wink:.

Equality!1!!!1
And true, I guess.
Who is reporting me for saying: the issue here is that many people on tsr are teenagers who want to fit in, and Muslims. Power comes with majority, so the mods have no choice than to appease. Some mods might even be these teenagers who want to fit in, or Muslim, or both. People also will censor themselves because they know the majority of posters here and don't want to get reported/banned for offending anyone. That's why it seems left wing. I doubt people here are as politically keen as they seem.
If being brainwashed means being opposed to racism, sexism, nationalism, fascism, etc. then I am proud to be brainwashed.
Reply 17
I've found this place has the loudest right wing userbase of any forum I've been a member of... what planet are you on?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by SamDrake

Because this little gem doesn't make you sound brainwashed at all.
When things don't go right, you go left. And well, not a lot has gone right lately, so we've all gone left.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending