The Student Room Group

TSR Med Students' Society Part VI

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Bunicornaces
So what?

So what do you think? :rolleyes:

He's a doctor in a hospital, it's not an appropriate venue to seek out converts to whichever faith/religion/sect you subscribe to.

Out of curiosity, would you feel the same way if the consultant happened to be a Muslim offering to recite a Muslim prayer or telling the patient to go home and read the Qur'an and let Allah into his life?
Original post by Democracy
So what do you think? :rolleyes:

He's a doctor in a hospital, it's not an appropriate venue to seek out converts to whichever faith/religion/sect you subscribe to.

Out of curiosity, would you feel the same way if the consultant happened to be a Muslim offering to recite a Muslim prayer or telling the patient to go home and read the Qur'an and let Allah into his life?

This is exactly what I've been wondering. If it was as you suggest, I imagine we'd be hearing about this from the Daily Mail instead.
Original post by ForestCat
This is exactly what I've been wondering. If it was as you suggest, I imagine we'd be hearing about this from the Daily Mail instead.

The profession doesn't need the negative press at the moment!

Strictly speaking we should treat all religions (and none) the same; but I can't help thinking it would be even more sensationalised if it was anything other than Christianity.
Hey, I start med school at aberdeen next week, can I join this thread yet ?
Original post by Zain-A
Hey, I start med school at aberdeen next week, can I join this thread yet ?

YOLO, why not

Posted from TSR Mobile
Does everyone here follow NHS Keyhole, you should!
ForestCat I sent you a PM about changing my year on the title page a couple of weeks ago if possible :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by heythere247
ForestCat I sent you a PM about changing my year on the title page a couple of weeks ago if possible :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oops sorry. Been back to nursing shifts over the holiday so haven't got round to updating. Will do so now
I think thats everybody updated in the OP. Gimme a shout if I've missed you.
About to enter my 2nd year of med school and was hoping someone could tell me

a) how important is your rank when you graduate
b) how to get 80s and 90s in your exams? This year I got 60/70s without much revision (mostly cramming) so any advice would be good
Anyone have any good tips for revising for anatomy and physiology? Want to improve my marks

I'm an FY2 now :smile:

Hi ForestCat - could you add me as a first-year in Scotland? Thanks!
Original post by Anonymous
how to get 80s and 90s in your exams? This year I got 60/70s without much revision (mostly cramming) so any advice would be good

I suspect you've answered your own question :P

Can you update me to 2nd year at Barts please :smile:
Original post by That Bearded Man
Does everyone here follow NHS Keyhole, you should!

What is this? I've googled it but don't think i've found what you mean!
A twitter account that highlights staffing issues, funding issues, rota gaps etc. in the NHS.*
Original post by Anonymous
how important is your rank when you graduate

Moderately. Your whole mark for FPAS (the system you use for foundation job applications) is out of 100. Half of those marks come from the SJT you sit in your final year. Of the remaining 50, everyone automatically gets 34. Then you get 1 additional point for each decile you go up by - e.g. someone in the tenth decile gets 34 points only, someone in the top decile gets 43 points altogether. The remaining 7 points come from previous degrees/publications (maximum of 5 points depending on degree level and result; maximum of 2 points for publications in your name with a PubMed ID).*

Original post by pennyzillan
Anyone have any good tips for revising for anatomy and physiology? Want to improve my marks

Try drawing things out, even if you're not much good at drawing, and use flashcards and self-test apps/anatomy quiz sites. Listen to podcasts. Keep trying different methods of getting the information into your head until you find one that seems a bit better than the others, and keep at it - it's no good just reading/looking at something once or twice and hoping it'll stick; you need to go over some things until you're really sick of them in order to retain them. :smile:
Original post by Spencer Wells
A twitter account that highlights staffing issues, funding issues, rota gaps etc. in the NHS.*

Makes for very depressing (albeit not surprising) reading. I'm finding it very hard to motivate myself for the next two years of uni, feeling I'll be better when I can just get on with the job. But its shaping up, more and more, to be a job not worth aiming for.
Makes for very depressing (albeit not surprising) reading. I'm finding it very hard to motivate myself for the next two years of uni, feeling I'll be better when I can just get on with the job. But its shaping up, more and more, to be a job not worth aiming for.

Im starting to feel this (and it is the general feeling among fellow students), ive only just finished year 1...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending