The Student Room Group

A Levels for Oxbridge Medicine

Although not a requirement, I am aware that many oxbridge applicants for medicine study 4 science/maths A levels. Would someone with these subjects have an advantage over someone taking 3 science/ maths subjects alongside one unrelated subject?
Original post by tarscamer
Although not a requirement, I am aware that many oxbridge applicants for medicine study 4 science/maths A levels. Would someone with these subjects have an advantage over someone taking 3 science/ maths subjects alongside one unrelated subject?

Have moved this to medicine so you can hopefully get some replies. :smile:
No.

I've wondered this myself I've emailed almost 20 universities to check (no exaggeration)

They've all said that as long as you have Biology and Chemistry they have absolutely no preference what your 3rd and 4th subject is

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by tarscamer

I wouldn't over work your self doing maths and then 3 sciences as it doesn't really put you at an advantage and is more likely to effect your other subjects.
Actually, doing 4 sciences correlates slightly negatively with offers (18% applicants vs 14% offer holders). Not a lot, but certainly no reason to think you should do it unless you actually want to.
Reply 5
Great. Thanks for the responses :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending