The Student Room Group

My life is ruined isn't it?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Thank you everyone for your advice
Original post by Kryptonian
I can't do A levels, can't go to Uni, failed GCSEs only passed 3.

Now what am I supposed to do? I have no idea what to do next... :frown:
Please advise what's best to do now I'm so sad and confused

A levels isn't the only way to get to uni. You can do a level 3 BTEC. If you don't have GCSE maths and English grade C and above then you'll have to do a lot level 2 BTEC first. Go to the college you want to study at. They are enrolling now. Good luck

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 62
Original post by samzy21
A levels isn't the only way to get to uni. You can do a level 3 BTEC. If you don't have GCSE maths and English grade C and above then you'll have to do a lot level 2 BTEC first. Go to the college you want to study at. They are enrolling now. Good luck

Posted from TSR Mobile

I have GCSE maths (B), GCSE chemistry (B) and GCSE physics (C). In English Language I was only one UMS from a C and emailed my school to ask if it was possible to get a remark. I will be going to another sixth form soon and do you think I can manage to persuade them to allow me to take the A levels with these GCSEs? I know that I'm capable and these results don't reflect my ability. I even did so much better in my mock exams.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Kryptonian
I have GCSE maths (B), GCSE chemistry (B) and GCSE physics (C). In English Language I was only one UMS from a C and emailed my school to ask if it was possible to get a remark. I will be going to another sixth form soon and do you think I can manage to persuade them to allow me to take the A levels with these GCSEs? I know that I'm capable and these results don't reflect my ability. I even did so much better in my mock exams.

They should give you a place with those grades but they might ask you to do an assessment in English and Maths first. If they do then, you'll have to pass the assessment to get a place. If you don't get onto A levels, don't worry there are other level 3 courses you can do to get into university.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 7 years ago)
Some of the most famous, talented people in the world did poorly in their GCSE's and didn't go to uni.

Your life is not ruined. :smile:

False hope.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 5 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest