The Student Room Group

could we all take comfort that we are in this (death) together?.

I am not going to lie I am terrified of death.
The thought of dying and then being unconscious and not existing for all eternity fills me with dread.

But do you think that we can all take comfort in that we are in this together ?.
I mean think about it what is common to ALL of us ? besides being humans of course??. Is that we are all going to die one day.

In a sense it makes me feel connected to everyone , because we are all mortals.
Why are you making so many of these morbid threads about death? Unhealthy. Go see your GP. and get some help.
"im going to die, but at least everyone else is too so i dont feel so bad anymore"

na doesnt work for me.
Reply 3
I think we can all take solice in the fact that it's an evenitibility. It's easy to talk about accepting death when you're pretty sure that you'll still be here tomorrow. But accepting it truly is another matter entirely. I guess all you can do is take your fear of the unknown, and let it drive you to be a better person. So that when you do finally kick the bucket, even though you won't be here anymore, you might live on in the deeds you did, and in the memories of those you helped.
Original post by MPH125
I think we can all take solace in the fact that it's an inevitability.

I never really understood this line of thinking.

Many things are inevitable that are not made any better by virtue of being inevitable. For instance, your hearing/vision/mobility will inevitably decline as you age - does the inevitability of that decline provide any solace? I don't think so.
This is a cheery thread isn't it
Who the **** cares if we all die ? When we die , we die .It's important to die happy , after doing everything you wanted to do in life .
Same here
Original post by scaredofdeath
The thought of dying and then being unconscious and not existing for all eternity fills me with dread.

But do you think that we can all take comfort in that we are in this together ?.
I mean think about it what is common to ALL of us ? besides being humans of course??. Is that we are all going to die one day.

Same, I think about this on a daily basis.
Reply 9
What is so terrifying?

Your heart stops pumping blood, you lose consciousness and your body starts decomposing.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Then don't think about it? Don't live your life in fear of death, it's a really unhealthy mentality.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 11
Original post by Sterling Gammon
I never really understood this line of thinking.

Many things are inevitable that are not made any better by virtue of being inevitable. For instance, your hearing/vision/mobility will inevitably decline as you age - does the inevitability of that decline provide any solace? I don't think so.

I think the fact that it's an inevitability means that we should try not to worry about it. There's no conning the system, no real way to cheat death, so just embrace it. As it stands, one should take solace in it as it's the one guaranteed thing in life. It's grim, but it's certain.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by TheonlyMrsHolmes
Same, I think about this on a daily basis.

We are all in this together.

What calms me is, you know that feeling when your in a really deep sleep? You don't really know where you are at all so nothing is scary.

That is what death feels like I'm sure. :smile:

Hold my hand and walk with me to Jesus lol
Personally, I'm not afraid of death. From the moment we are born, we are destined to die. You live and then you die. I've always been more 'scared' of life if anything.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by TheonlyMrsHolmes
What calms me is, you know that feeling when your in a really deep sleep? You don't really know where you are at all so nothing is scary.

That is what death feels like I'm sure. :smile:

Yes and no.
I mean death probably doesn't feel like anything. Like before we were born felt.

What calms me is that we are all going to be dead together :smile:.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending