The Student Room Group

The Current Year 13 Thread 2016-2017

Scroll to see replies

Reply 160
heyyyyyy

studying sociology chemistry biology and hoping to study biochemistry, biological science or biomedical science at uni. only visited nottingham but not gonna apply anyway. gonna apply for liverpool leicester keele warwick and cardiff :smile:
Have people visited the uni's they would like to go to yet?
Not yet, I am planning to go to Liverpool's in this September, and Aberystwyth and Harper Adams in October!

How are your personal statements getting along?
494 characters left until I reached 4,000 characters! It is getting along fine, but just a little messy and need to be more related to science.

What subjects are you currently studying and, what do you hope to study at uni (give the 5 uni's you want to go to)
I am currently studying Psychology, Art and Animal Care & Management Level 3.
I am hoping to study foundation Bioveterinary Science at Liverpool and Aberystwyth, and Animal Science in Aberystwyth and Harper Adams.
Reply 162
Original post by Dnkz7
Aren't we technically in year 13, seeing as last year has already finished?

ANYWAY...

What subjects are you currently studying and, what do you hope to study at uni (give the 5 uni's you want to go to)

-only visited nottingham but not gonna apply :frown:
-still working on my personal statement
-got a B in psychology (AS) so dropped that and left with sociology biology chemistry
-hoping to study biochemistry, biological science or biomedical science
-my options: leicester, liverpool, warwick, cardiff and keele
Have people visited the uni's they would like to go to yet?Well, I had a hard time trying so i only ended up visiting UCL, LSE and Warwick

I finished it up and sent it off for a bit of checking, but I haven't had any response yet :tongue:

Ah well, I messed up my AS big time. I thought they wouldn't really count for anything so I didn't try, I was so wrong. So I am doing Maths, DT and Economics.
Hope to do straight Econ at LSE, Warwick, Bath, UCL, Durham or Bristol- but may apply after a gap year :fluffy:
I've just started writing my personal statement, but I have just over 2 weeks to complete my first draft, so I'm not worried (yet). I'm looking at applying for Law at Oxford, Durham, Leeds, Manchester and Liverpool. I have visited the first two, Warwick and Cambridge and will be visiting the latter three on the 8th October, 1st October and 24th September respectively.
So far i have visited UCL, Loughborough and Oxford. But i am hoping to visit 2 more in September.
My personal statement is in progress but still messy and needs improvement. I have until the first day of school to finish it.
I am currently studying Art, business studies and english literature at A level.
Best case scenario, i am hoping to study Fine Art at UCL, but i am also going to apply to Loughborough. I haven't yet decided on the other 3 to apply to.
Original post by matt.thorne10
That's unlucky, our school's Oxbridge deadline is Sep 22nd :biggrin:

Original post by LouKayenta05
Our internal Oxbridge deadline isn't 'til 7th October even, although I'm personally aiming to have it in quite a bit before then. Mid-late September seems reasonable for me?

September 5th is very soon though, good luck getting all that done!

Original post by usycool1
Welcome to Year 13. It was worse than my first year of Uni. :tongue:

Damn o_o Yeah, I always thought September 5 was waaaaaay too early, but I suppose it's better to get all of my applications and UCAS fees out of the way first ...

And I hope that uni is a lot easier - I had to sit a biology and maths synoptic within my first week back :cry2: Hopefully my upgs for those subjects stay the same ...
So, Year 13. I have 3 A levels, an AS resit, an EPQ, GCSE Maths retake and everything else in between. Good luck to me:yy:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Can't believe we're in year 13 now.
I joined TSR back in y9 :colondollar:
Original post by Jitesh
Can't believe we're in year 13 now.
I joined TSR back in y9 :colondollar:

Wow!! Year 9 doesn't seem that long ago tbf :frown: I first joined in Year 11 (February last year, to be exact) because I thought that talking to more people in the same boat as me would be interesting.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Thechip
I do English lit, psychology and history. I got AAC on results day, the c in English lit which was obviously upsetting as I want to do English lit at Warwick. Do you guys think it's worth applying or should I forget about it.

This is probably really late but, I think you should at least try if you're really passionate about it. I'm kinda in the same situation as you although my grade is a bit worse. You still have roughly a year to improve your actual grades and like 3-4 months to get better predicted results for English lit.

Assuming it's the new course, I'm pretty sure that grade can be replaced with an A* and if it's not the new course, you can still raise it up with the other modules. But it's your decision.

Good luck 🍀
Some but not most, I've visited Newcastle and Northumbria as they're closest.

Done my first draft! Back to college on Thursday to get some feedback. :colondollar:

Currently going into A2 with Literature, History and my EPQ, having just finished English Language at A2 so I'm only doing my two AS subjects from last year this year if that makes sense? Finally going into year 13 after two years! I'm applying to York, Newcastle, QMUL, St. Andrews and Sheffield for Literature. :biggrin:
I've not attended any open days nor have I visited any universities. I've been looking at them online though, asking current students, watching tours on YouTube etc.

Finished my 6th draft today, currently fits the UCAS line requirement perfectly although I haven't showed it to my sixth form yet so it'll probably change quite a bit before it's officially finished and ready for universities to see!

I'm currently studying A2 Biology, Chemistry & Psychology. I'm planning to firm Cellular & Molecular Medicine at The University of Bristol. Other choices are to study Biochemistry at Manchester, UCL, Liverpool & Leicester.
(edited 7 years ago)
Have people visited the uni's they would like to go to yet?Been to Warwick and York

Done a third of it...so stressful and hard thinking what to write!
History, Maths, Politics & Maths
History at uni
Cambridge, Durham, Exeter, Warwick & York
No

I'm 500 characters over the word limit and I really don't know what to delete. Gonna ask my teachers for feedback once I return to college to see what I should shorten down or remove.

I am currently studying Maths, Physics, and Chemistry.
I am hoping to study Physics at university.
I will apply to Edinburgh, St Andrews, Nottingham, Manchester, and King's.
Wow, Final year of school. Come so far
Original post by 4nonymous

I know, I cannot believe I am in my last year of compulsory education!
Original post by 4nonymous

*crawls into a blanket burrito*

One year closer to actually becoming an adult 😭

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by LeFeuilly
*crawls into a blanket burrito*

One year closer to actually becoming an adult 😭

Posted from TSR Mobile

It's crazy, I'm not ready for the adult world :frown: responsibility ahhh. At least uni is still kind of school in some ways so won't be like a full working adult with a house etc but stil
Hellooo, how is everyone? Looking forward to Year 13?

Quick Reply

Latest