The Student Room Group

Summer 2017 Applications

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1000
Original post by econibpe
My contact is an MD, does this make things much better?

Speaking from my own experience and the networking I've done, MD's aren't going to have much of an impact on who's being recruited for SA. You're better off networking with analysts or associates.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by gsbs2
first round for Lehman, anyone else?

Looooooooooooooooooooooooooool
Original post by gsbs2
first round for Lehman, anyone else?

Got a first round from Bear coming up in two weeks.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Dante991
No have you?

no nothing yet
Anyone done the numerical for DB yet?
For those asking about the Greenhill applicant process - this is from an article posted two days ago by a recent intern.

"
The Greenhill application process is fairly straightforward, starting from filing an online application form and then taking the standard internet based quantitative test. After the test, if successful at this stage, candidates will be invited to have a phone interview with The Recruiter. The questions are fairly standard and mainly involve understanding your desire to join the industry and your personal story. The next stage will be a face to face interview with The Recruiter, whether at the offices or through video conferencing, and will include slightly more technical focused questions. The final stage of the interview, is the first time that the candidate will meet with Greenhill staff. The structure may have changed slightly since I interviewed, but it involved around 3-4 fairly short 20 minute interviews with Associates, VPs and above. The questions are very interviewer dependent but generally cover fit, background and may touch upon technical knowledge.
"

'The Recruiter' being Freshminds
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Dante991
For those asking about the Greenhill applicant process - this is from an article posted two days ago by a recent intern.

"
The Greenhill application process is fairly straightforward, starting from filing an online application form and then taking the standard internet based quantitative test. After the test, if successful at this stage, candidates will be invited to have a phone interview with The Recruiter. The questions are fairly standard and mainly involve understanding your desire to join the industry and your personal story. The next stage will be a face to face interview with The Recruiter, whether at the offices or through video conferencing, and will include slightly more technical focused questions. The final stage of the interview, is the first time that the candidate will meet with Greenhill staff. The structure may have changed slightly since I interviewed, but it involved around 3-4 fairly short 20 minute interviews with Associates, VPs and above. The questions are very interviewer dependent but generally cover fit, background and may touch upon technical knowledge.
"

'The Recruiter' being Freshminds

cheers
Original post by Princepieman
Got a first round from Bear coming up in two weeks.

Posted from TSR Mobile

What year are you in?
Original post by timster32
What year are you in?

Wow

Posted from TSR Mobile
What year are you in?

LOL
What year are you in?

Posted from TSR Mobile

What year of university are you in?
What year of university are you in?

You can read my posts to find out buddy, it's not a mystery. And if this is some kind of confrontation, just stop, do something else.

Posted from TSR Mobile
i wish Leh, Bear and Drexel were still up for business. these were fun places to work at.
You can read my posts to find out buddy, it's not a mystery. And if this is some kind of confrontation, just stop, do something else.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Could you be a normal person and answer the question? You just seem to know a lot about IB is all...
Could you be a normal person and answer the question? You just seem to know a lot about IB is all...

My apologies, I'll be a first year. Usually when people on here ask this out of the blue (as opposed to in PM), it is followed by an attempt of confrontation. Sorry for assuming.

Posted from TSR Mobile
My apologies, I'll be a first year. Usually when people on here ask this out of the blue (as opposed to in PM), it is followed by an attempt of confrontation. Sorry for assuming.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Sorry it's my mistake! It's just that a lot of people who go to my school have parents who are investment bankers and you know wayyyy more about IB than these guys so I was really confused?!
Sorry it's my mistake! It's just that a lot of people who go to my school have parents who are investment bankers and you know wayyyy more about IB than these guys so I was really confused?!

just keep reading you will learn eventually.
Original post by savonarola
just keep reading you will learn eventually.

Learn about what? 😂
Learn about what? 😂

you're a little wind-up merchant, you're not fooling anyone... 😂😂

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending