The Student Room Group

Pokemon GO! Official Thread - now officially released in the UK!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by UWS
Caught this mother****er earlier today.

Used up at least 30 ultra balls, ran out and then caught it in a regular Pokeball lol.

I was so annoyed that I wasted those precious ultra balls that I raged and levelled it up to 1600+ CP... but it still sucks omg and i'm down 30 dratini candy. Can't complain about finding it but wow the CPs I've found have been shocking

Impressive to catch a dragonite but probably a waste of stardust/candy. I think a level 500/600 dratini would evolve into a 2,000+ Dragonite?

Has anyone else found red gyms glitching? I've found the third red gym which just crashing whenever I try to look at the gym or battle. Not had it for any other colour gyms yet though..

I'd be interesting to see people's stats for the following:

- Jogger
- Collector
- Breeder
- Backpacker
Reply 1481
Original post by Zerforax
Impressive to catch a dragonite but probably a waste of stardust/candy. I think a level 500/600 dratini would evolve into a 2,000+ Dragonite?

Has anyone else found red gyms glitching? I've found the third red gym which just crashing whenever I try to look at the gym or battle. Not had it for any other colour gyms yet though..

- Jogger
- Collector
- Breeder
- Backpacker

Yeah but where I live, Dratini is pretty common so not that much of a waste to be fair

Level 22

Jogger - 141.57/1000 KM
Collector - 1267/2000
Breeder - 163/500
Backpacker - 2515
Finally found an Electrabuzz (keeps saying one is nearby every few days but am always in the house)... And it's CP is 91... Epic fail...
Would leave the house but get nagged by parents... =l

Will say this app I have is awesome for finding pokemon within an area of 300m though. =D

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 7 years ago)
ImageUploadedByStudent Room1472399584.016763.jpg

I mean really...

Posted from TSR Mobile

- Jogger
- Collector
- Breeder
- Backpacker

Level 23 today. Still have 3 lucky eggs, but I am about 120 pidgey candies short of my next evolution cycle.
- Jogger - 72.7
- Collector - 1'482
- Breeder - 22
- Backpacker - 1'678
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by UWS
Yeah but where I live, Dratini is pretty common so not that much of a waste to be fair

Level 22

Jogger - 141.57/1000 KM
Collector - 1267/2000
Breeder - 163/500
Backpacker - 2515

Wow you are a real jogger...to be fair, I cycle a lot and it counts max 10% of distance covered if at all. Today I did a 67km tour and after 20 gave up either my phone closed the app or it picked up nothing so I stopped trying to get it to work.
Reply 1486
Original post by inhuman
Wow you are a real jogger...to be fair, I cycle a lot and it counts max 10% of distance covered if at all. Today I did a 67km tour and after 20 gave up either my phone closed the app or it picked up nothing so I stopped trying to get it to work.

I walk 2-3 km to the train station and back every day on a workday so that's why. Lots of Pokestops on the way so my egg stash is replenished too

Posted from TSR Mobile
This is my current one, level 26.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Damn I need to step up my game!
ImageUploadedByStudent Room1472444244.740073.jpg

How did you manage to hatch so many eggs?...
Not hatched many myself and have walked further than you Tom?

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Scienceisgood
ImageUploadedByStudent Room1472444244.740073.jpg

How did you manage to hatch so many eggs?...
Not hatched many myself and have walked further than you Tom?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Tbh you've hardly hatch any for your distance walked? I've walked 103km and hatched 48 eggs.

I expect either he's hatched loads of 2k eggs and/or he bought extra egg incubators which has let him hatch multiple at a time?

I've got 8x 5k eggs and I'm tempted with a few more egg incubators to help move them along..
Original post by inhuman
Level 23 today. Still have 3 lucky eggs, but I am about 120 pidgey candies short of my next evolution cycle.
- Jogger - 72.7
- Collector - 1'482
- Breeder - 22
- Backpacker - 1'678

Don't know how you've managed to catch so many pokemon and pokestops with so little distance!
Don't know how you've managed to catch so many pokemon and pokestops with so little distance!

I would guess London or some other large city with dozens of stops really close

Posted from TSR Mobile

I have two pokestops at work.

I only have I guess a decent amount of distance in comparison, because my building makes the GPS glitch so it adds distance even though I am sitting. So I bet it is fairly easy to rack up pokestops without distance if one is lucky.

Also, if you live in the city, tend to be a lot more pokestops around than outside.
Original post by inhuman
I have two pokestops at work.

I only have I guess a decent amount of distance in comparison, because my building makes the GPS glitch so it adds distance even though I am sitting. So I bet it is fairly easy to rack up pokestops without distance if one is lucky.

Also, if you live in the city, tend to be a lot more pokestops around than outside.

Yea I'm in London too. On my walk to work, I hit between 20-30 pokestops each direction. When I walk extra, I've found a route where I can hit about 50 pokestops in like 45 minutes but still my distance to pokestops/pokemon caught is way more than you.

Although I guess if you are sat on two pokestops at work then you can hit every 5 minutes which would be up to 24 pokestops an hour and potentially 200 a day? I guess you get a lot of pokemon spawn on those pokestops too?

Very jealous, I've got about 5 pokestops right by my work but none accessible from my desk.

Ugh.. so somehow I was still in two gyms today after close to 21 hours. Find a third gym to take over but by the time I took that, someone had taken one of my others - why couldn't you have waited 2 mins longer?!

Back up to 110 coins. Might actually buy another incubator. I'm going so slow with my evolutions this time round - still only 30 evolutions ready and in that time I've picked up like 55k XP.. got two lucky eggs so can't see myself getting through those quickly.
(edited 7 years ago)
Yea I'm in London too. On my walk to work, I hit between 20-30 pokestops each direction. When I walk extra, I've found a route where I can hit about 50 pokestops in like 45 minutes but still my distance to pokestops/pokemon caught is way more than you.

Although I guess if you are sat on two pokestops at work then you can hit every 5 minutes which would be up to 24 pokestops an hour and potentially 200 a day? I guess you get a lot of pokemon spawn on those pokestops too?

Very jealous, I've got about 5 pokestops right by my work but none accessible from my desk.

Ugh.. so somehow I was still in two gyms today after close to 21 hours. Find a third gym to take over but by the time I took that, someone had taken one of my others - why couldn't you have waited 2 mins longer?!

Back up to 110 coins. Might actually buy another incubator. I'm going so slow with my evolutions this time round - still only 30 evolutions ready and in that time I've picked up like 55k XP.. got two lucky eggs so can't see myself getting through those quickly.

Well it's not like I have no work to do. But I reckon I can get on average 50 pokestops a day at work done and the GPS glitch will make me move 1-1.5km

And well by the time you hit multiple 100k per level, the time it takes to get 60+ evolutions plus the actual evoltions will not even be a single level. Like from 25 to 26 will be 190k exp.

I only have 5km eggs atm and I have never gotten anything good from them, so I think I will see how many coins I have after I used my last free egg and what level I am on.
I started playing a day and a half ago after my girlfriend playing since it came out.

I'm up to level 12 and 50 in my pokedex

We drive round late at night hitting the pokestops

Posted from TSR Mobile
Has anyone worked out how slow you have to drive to fool the game into thinking you are walking?

I read it's 20 MPH but it's definitely less than that even 10 doesn't seem to track it fully

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by paul514
I started playing a day and a half ago after my girlfriend playing since it came out.

I'm up to level 12 and 50 in my pokedex

We drive round late at night hitting the pokestops

Posted from TSR Mobile

Original post by paul514

Has anyone worked out how slow you have to drive to fool the game into thinking you are walking?

I read it's 20 MPH but it's definitely less than that even 10 doesn't seem to track it fully

50 Pokemon in a day and a half? Wow!

And jogging doesn't even count. It counts maybe 50% of distance on jogging and in cycling I have gotten lucky and it counter 10% sometimes almost nothing.
Original post by paul514

Posted from TSR Mobile

Even just walking it's a bit dodgy

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest