The Student Room Group

Switching courses at the end of second year?

I got into Queen's University Belfast to study Politics even though I was a grade under (needed ABB, got ABC) and I was going to take a gap year out and repeat a few modules to bring the C up and apply for International Politics with Conflict Studies (also ABB).
But now I'm thinking I'd be silly to pass up this opportunity, because I won't have to take a year out, but could I switch to International Politics with Conflict Studies at the start of second year or would I need the A-Level grades?
Original post by Rhiannnon
I got into Queen's University Belfast to study Politics even though I was a grade under (needed ABB, got ABC) and I was going to take a gap year out and repeat a few modules to bring the C up and apply for International Politics with Conflict Studies (also ABB).
But now I'm thinking I'd be silly to pass up this opportunity, because I won't have to take a year out, but could I switch to International Politics with Conflict Studies at the start of second year or would I need the A-Level grades?

Why not ask Queens NOW - you might be able to switch and start straight onto the course you want to (or they might be able to make it clear that a switch at any point wont be an option so at least you'd know that you would need to retake in a gap year to get onto the other course).

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending