The Student Room Group

Settling in well when you aren't living in halls?

I've already moved away for uni once but dropped out because the course wasn't right for me, I found it so difficult settling in even though I got on okay with my housemates and could attend freshers fair etc with them.

This year I'm living at home, terrified that I'm going to be going to freshers fair and freshers events on my lonesome!

Any tips from anyone else who's started uni living at home and completely alone?
Original post by ked95
I've already moved away for uni once but dropped out because the course wasn't right for me, I found it so difficult settling in even though I got on okay with my housemates and could attend freshers fair etc with them.

This year I'm living at home, terrified that I'm going to be going to freshers fair and freshers events on my lonesome!

Any tips from anyone else who's started uni living at home and completely alone?

Hello :smile:,

I'm terribly sorry to see that no one has replied to your thread yet - hopefully some more people will be able to share some advice with you.

I wouldn't worry about it - you won't be on your lonesome! Start with Facebook and Twitter, look for groups and such for students of your year and see if there is chats going on - try and make friends this way first - it's what the internet is for!
At the same time, attend these events and make friends there - just be friendly and approachable and you'll have a good laugh and make friends. It isn't a bad thing to turn up at them alone - they'll be opportunity to make friends and at the same time, you'll be able to make new friends on your course and you could join societies etc.

Best of luck :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest