The Student Room Group

How to do theory test in less than a week?

Hello, I want to revise the DVLA Driving theory test as I am nearly 17 and college starts in september. So its better to revise now rather than whilst in college term time.

My bro revised for 2 days straight and passed on the 3rd.
But theres soooo many questions. it takes ages to do. Any help?
Original post by guy321
Hello, I want to revise the DVLA Driving theory test as I am nearly 17 and college starts in september. So its better to revise now rather than whilst in college term time.

There's a website called Theory Test Pro which I'd highly recommend. I think you need to pay to use it, but there's a free trial so you can try it before you pay for it. If your driving instructor has a Theory Test Pro account, then they can add you as a learner and you can use it for free (this is what I did).

It's got practice questions for all of the different theory topics, and you can learn them by topic, or do mock theory tests. It's also got lots of hazard perception clips for you to practice with (although the real hazard perception clips are much clearer and it's easier to see the hazards in them). I used Theory Test Pro to revise for my theory test, and I passed it first time! Best of luck :smile:
Original post by guy321

Hi,

I passed my theory test first time using only free apps. I got 50/50 on the questions and I revised for about 1hr everyday for a couple of weeks. You can still revise whilst in college on the go using apps on your phone.

The apps I used were:
Driving theory test genius UK
Theory test 2016/17
UK theory test free
Driving theory test

I recommend them in that order.

These are all for android. Downside is the adverts but can't complain as they're free and have up to date questions. I've added a screenshot of the apps if that helps.

My advice is read the highway code (can find it free online) and then just keep practising the questions on the apps whenever you have time everyday. It actually doesn't take long as the app tells you whether you got it right or wrong immediately - I could do 50 questions in 10 mins after practising!

For hazard perception I used a CD but it wasn't very useful as it had the old style vids. I found some free hazard perception clips online and tried those. Didn't do too well in HP I scored 59/75 but a pass is a pass! Just remember to concentrate all the time in the test, click when you think something could be a hazard and then click again immediately when the hazard starts to actually develop.

Good luck!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
Original post by judging
Hi,

I passed my theory test first time using only free apps. I got 50/50 on the questions and I revised for about 1hr everyday for a couple of weeks. You can still revise whilst in college on the go using apps on your phone.

The apps I used were:
Driving theory test genius UK
Theory test 2016/17
UK theory test free
Driving theory test

I recommend them in that order.

These are all for android. Downside is the adverts but can't complain as they're free and have up to date questions. I've added a screenshot of the apps if that helps.

My advice is read the highway code (can find it free online) and then just keep practising the questions on the apps whenever you have time everyday. It actually doesn't take long as the app tells you whether you got it right or wrong immediately - I could do 50 questions in 10 mins after practising!

For hazard perception I used a CD but it wasn't very useful as it had the old style vids. I found some free hazard perception clips online and tried those. Didn't do too well in HP I scored 59/75 but a pass is a pass! Just remember to concentrate all the time in the test, click when you think something could be a hazard and then click again immediately when the hazard starts to actually develop.

Good luck!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Original post by Leviathan1741
There's a website called Theory Test Pro which I'd highly recommend. I think you need to pay to use it, but there's a free trial so you can try it before you pay for it. If your driving instructor has a Theory Test Pro account, then they can add you as a learner and you can use it for free (this is what I did).

It's got practice questions for all of the different theory topics, and you can learn them by topic, or do mock theory tests. It's also got lots of hazard perception clips for you to practice with (although the real hazard perception clips are much clearer and it's easier to see the hazards in them). I used Theory Test Pro to revise for my theory test, and I passed it first time! Best of luck :smile:

Thanks! Currently I'm using DTS ALL TESTS. its a CD that my mum had. I took a theory test (practice) without revising and it told me the areas which I was below pass mark. So I am currently revising them. The only downside is that this is a 2012 cd. It says on the front from 2012 onwards. So is it still good to use?
Original post by guy321
Thanks! Currently I'm using DTS ALL TESTS. its a CD that my mum had. I took a theory test (practice) without revising and it told me the areas which I was below pass mark. So I am currently revising them. The only downside is that this is a 2012 cd. It says on the front from 2012 onwards. So is it still good to use?

I think that would be fine to use, however I would combine it with other resources so you can try some more up to date questions too :smile:
Reply 5
Original post by Leviathan1741
I think that would be fine to use, however I would combine it with other resources so you can try some more up to date questions too :smile:

Yeah. My test is on october 6th in the afternoon. I might buy the 2016 edition aswell. Instead of DTS is the DVSA official one good?
Original post by guy321

I did the theory test in a week and I passed.
Literally spend your day just reading the theory book and the hazard perception DVD you can do in a day.
The signs in the Highway Code are super easy too. It just takes repetition to get it stuck in your head.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending