The Student Room Group

Knifeman 'shouts Allahu Akbar' as he attacks couple at music festival

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Mathemagicien
A 66-year-old woman is said to be fighting for her life.

The other victim - a 57-year-old man, believed to be her husband - is seriously injured; however, he still managed to overpower the man who was then arrested by police officers in Oberhausen.

The attack took place just after 7pm on Saturday evening.Police officers say the suspect is a 26-year-old from Duisburg, Germany.

In a statement, police said the suspect was "apparently under the influence of narcotics", and are utterly befuddled as to the motive for the attack.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/germany-stabbing-knifeman-shouts-allahu-8722043#ICID=sharebar_twitter

Perhaps another incident for the record: https://www.google.com/maps/d/u/0/viewer?mid=1_rNT3k2ZXB-f9z-2nSFMIBQKXCs (map, in German, of criminal incidents committed by refugees, since the start of the year IIRC)

Remember; this guy doesn't represent the majority of Muslims. However, some bloke refusing to sell a Muslim a cuppa cos his mate got shot up by jihadists is actually evidence that Europe is secretly fascist.
Original post by SamDrake
The religion of peace strikes again.

Yeah because the narcotics and drugs evidently had no effect on the behaviour of this person, right?
Original post by KimKallstrom
Well I guess this makes a change from the previous German police policy of denying it even happened until they were forced to admit it.

Really? This is clearly an incident of Islamist terrorism, with the usual additional ingredients of mental illness and/or drug use. But the motive is unclear and police are "befuddled" because it's strange that he should have targeted only one particular couple. Other terrorist knife attackers tend to hack and slash at a number of random people. The possibility of a personal motive cannot be discounted just because the attacker was an Islamist terrorist.
Its not relevant, the drugs are evidently what caused this person to act strangely. And you can't be sure whether or not murder was on this person's mind prior to this, the use of drugs could equally have created the thought in the first place.
he may have been shouting

"Alle nachbar"

which means "We are all neighbours"
At this point there is nothing more to say. I think a reasonable amount of people are now truly aware of what Islam means for them and their fellow people despite most of the mainstreams medias apologism and best attempts to hide the reality. Time to get accustomed to frequent small scale terrorist stabbings and the occasional mass terror attacks
Original post by Betelgeuse-
At this point there is nothing more to say. I think a reasonable amount of people are now truly aware of what Islam means for them and their fellow people despite most of the mainstreams medias apologism and best attempts to hide the reality. Time to get accustomed to frequent small scale terrorist stabbings and the occasional mass terror attacks

I think the reality is quite the opposite, the majority of people in western civilisation are aware that virtually all Muslims are just normal people, whose religion is being warped and exploited to justify the political aims of terrorist groups.

Its just a shame that the people who want to vocalise their opinions about Islam being violent make their voices very loud indeed.
Original post by Josb
Would you say that if someone shouted "Heil Hitler!" before killing someone?
Yes. Anyone who kills is clearly not sane. I am going to ignore the words of anyone who is insane.
Original post by Razamataz666
but you muslim apologist you forget that kids jumping on bouncy castles do not then stab others on said castle. much like in WW2 one would say 'heil hitler' in the same fashion as you speak of, but in Nazi Germany it was still being used seriously, the same is happening now. Islamist's still use it when driving lorries into the French, still use it when children blow themselves up in Pakistan IN THE NAME OF ALLAH. to dismiss someone stabbing another and using a phrase such as this should not, under any circumstances, be ignored. YOU will cause the death of this great nation, blood is on YOUR HANDS. not mine.
Right, hold on. I am not condoning any of these actions. All I am saying is that these people are clearly lunatics, because no sensible person would undertake such actions. And I don't think we should be listening to lunatics.
Original post by IYGB
Well it does matter to me
Why? Why should the reasons that a someone deluded commits a crime of this magnitude matter? The actual reason is this: they are mentally unstable; nobody with sense does these things. Thus, any reason that they think they have, is nonsense.
Reply 28
Original post by 04MR17
Yes. Anyone who kills is clearly not sane. I am going to ignore the words of anyone who is insane.

You don't want to know why people kill? How are you going to prevent future murders from happening if murders are just "bad luck"?
Reply 29
Original post by alevelstresss
I think the reality is quite the opposite, the majority of people in western civilisation are aware that virtually all Muslims are just normal people

How do you know? Please provide proofs backing your astonishing claim.
Very sad to hear. Hopefully the victims will make a quick recovery.
Original post by Josb
How do you know? Please provide proofs backing your astonishing claim.

Betel said "a reasonable amount of people are now truly aware of what Islam means", but I guess his agenda is aligned with yours so there's no need to proof/fact check that, is there?

I'm not claiming anything as fact, this is based on my personal experience talking about issues of terrorism with many different people. With this issue, the people who have hateful feelings tend to be more vocal - and those with more accepting feelings tend to be quiet on it, its unconfirmed that the majority of people in the world see Islam as bad, which is the ORIGINAL CLAIM to which I was referring.
Allahu akbar apparently is Arabic for 'nothing to do with Islam'. Funny how every single almost daily Islamic attack has nothing to do with Islam.
Original post by Achaea
Allahu akbar apparently is Arabic for 'nothing to do with Islam'. Funny how every single almost daily Islamic attack has nothing to do with Islam.

No one's saying it has nothing to do with Islam. But jumping around insulting Muslims/Islam as if its the singular factor which caused this is a part of the problem.
Original post by alevelstresss
No one's saying it has nothing to do with Islam. But jumping around insulting Muslims/Islam as if its the singular factor which caused this is a part of the problem.

Actually no, the problem is the daily violence being committed in the name of Islam, not that some people are criticising Islam. (Not 'insulting', dearie. You can't 'insult' an ideology.)
Reply 35
Oh, I wonder which non Muslim the newly introduced "antiterror" laws will target next.

Don't fight back! It's the state's job!
Reply 36
Or else!
Original post by Achaea
Actually no, the problem is the daily violence being committed in the name of Islam, not that some people are criticising Islam. (Not 'insulting', dearie. You can't 'insult' an ideology.)

Dont waste your time with him, he is a troll. He is not interested in honest discussion or debate.

Original post by Betelgeuse-
Dont waste your time with him, he is a troll. He is not interested in honest discussion or debate.

Yeah, looking at his post history I see that now. He's either a Muslim pretending not to be, or a regressive left SJW. Either way, not worth bothering with!
Reply 39
Cant one day go by without one of these bloody threads being started about some lone whackjob with a pocket knife?

Quick Reply

Latest