The Student Room Group

High heels for nights out at uni

This might be a bit of a silly question but I've just been thinking about packing for uni and what stuff to take, and having a lot of pairs of heels some are sadly going to have to be left behind haha, I was wondering do most girls tend to wear heels on nights out at uni, not like special events but just general nights out? I always tend to wear heels on nights out at the moment but don't want to look over the top though at the same time hope I'll get plenty of chances to make the most of the pairs I take haha.
Do take two pairs of heels or something just in case. But if you do go out in heels, make sure you have flats in your bag or something. It can be a nightmare wearing heels after a while as you probably know :tongue:
i would say just bring one pair for that purpose
Reply 3
Original post by MrsSheldonCooper
Do take two pairs of heels or something just in case. But if you do go out in heels, make sure you have flats in your bag or something. It can be a nightmare wearing heels after a while as you probably know :tongue:

Thanks for the advice! It will definitely be a minimum of two pairs of heels haha and flats will always be in my bag in reserve, all too often you have ot give up on heels at some point :biggrin:

Also I love your user name even if it's disappointing the vacancy to be Mrs Sheldon Cooper is taken :tongue:
Reply 4
Original post by shawn_o1
i would say just bring one pair for that purpose

That is sensible advice but I think I'll struggle limiting myself to taking one pair of heels!
seriously dont bother, ive not worn heels nor see others in heels since moving to uni!! dont bother!!
Reply 6
ummm where are you going? people dont wear heels at uni, maybe haveone nice pair for special events but seriously if in your uni town you wear heels for nights out i feel very sorry for you and also i didn't know such a place existed. i was the same everyone wore heels at home for going out then i lived in a place where you had to wear heels or you wouldn't get in. uni was a pleasant surprise.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 7
I guess I'm in the habit of wearing heels as standard on a night out and feel like lots of my going out outfits go way better with heels, and it's the same with me some places you have to wear heels or won't get in, but if no-one wears heels at uni I'll have to have a rethink about how many pairs to take...will limit it to a couple of pairs. My feet will be grateful at least!
Reply 8
Girls who wear heels and dresses all the time > the slobs who don't
I'm not a student but everytime I go out the students are never wearing heels and when I went to visit my friend in Leeds she said she's not worn heels since she started. I think if you go to studenty places you won't wear heels but if you go on a night out to clubs and stuff you could wear them.
Yes bring a few! The girls I went with on nights out would always wear heels or chunky Chelsea boots if they didn't feel like heels.
Original post by Pinkberry_y
Yes bring a few! The girls I went with on nights out would always wear heels or chunky Chelsea boots if they didn't feel like heels.

A few it is! Though a few could easily turn into a few too many :tongue:
I found that nobody cares and you just do whatever you like. I did a proper job on my ankle earlier this year, haven't worn heels since and I find dancing much easier now.
Bring a heel that is has a platform. These are usually the most comfortable but still make your legs look good.
some wear heels and some prefer flats... you won't look over the top if you wear heels though
Thought most people wear heels?
Original post by MissEllieL
Thanks for the advice! It will definitely be a minimum of two pairs of heels haha and flats will always be in my bag in reserve, all too often you have ot give up on heels at some point :biggrin:

Also I love your user name even if it's disappointing the vacancy to be Mrs Sheldon Cooper is taken :tongue:

Original post by MissEllieL
I guess I'm in the habit of wearing heels as standard on a night out and feel like lots of my going out outfits go way better with heels, and it's the same with me some places you have to wear heels or won't get in, but if no-one wears heels at uni I'll have to have a rethink about how many pairs to take...will limit it to a couple of pairs. My feet will be grateful at least!

Take a few and then when you go home or someone bisits then they can bring a few more if you feel you need more.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending