The Student Room Group

Does gaming have no room in your life anymore?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
The way I see it, most students, especially University students all get this problem. Playing video games is absolutely fine, but seems at certain point we start to think more about our present and future life. That's when we decide what we should do, what we should priortize. Quiting what we are so used to do in years is not easy indeed. But seems that's what we have to accept.
...On the bright side, when we get older, have our own job/career, we can always get back :smile:
My brother and I used to plat fifa and NFS for hours even whole day during the week but he moved out to uni and I was left with the xbox (because it mine) and then I also entered uni... the rest was history.

Last played my xbox in February and it felt like a chore

Posted from TSR Mobile
Gave it up two years ago and couldnt get back into it, Im too busy now, it just isnt a priority.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I stopped playing video games on the 30th May 2016 when my favourite video game, DUST 514, shut down. I used to play everyday; I clocked up over 2500 hours over 2 years.

I don't play anything anymore. I don't think I will ever be interested in video games again.
Yeah, pretty much. Not necessarily for lack of time but I've just lost interest really. I just get bored after a few minutes now, I don't know why. It's been like this since I started uni.
Wouldn't say no room, right now it's very busy at work and sometimes I feel too tired to bother gaming, which sounds weird but yeah. When it settles I'll probably play more, but only a couple of hours. I find I can't play as long sessions as when I was younger, not boredom exactly, but I just end up saving/quit after a bit. I've never played MMO's or anything which requires significant multiplayer commitment so can't comment on that.
Recently, i just sort of stopped playing games. I have no idea why, in fact, its annoying because its the holidays and i find myself desperately bored constantly but i just cant get into any games. I used to play games all the time (moreso than i shouldve tbh). I'd play pretty much anything from MMOs to FPS and strategy to RPGs but ive literally just lost all interest in everything.

Idk if its a lack of decent games or disillusionment but id like to have something to do for the next 2 weeks before uni.
I just don't have time to dedicate to the half ass broken PoS that get released today and the old games i've already played the snot out of them.
I play games now and then, though not as frequently as I used to. I just lost my interest in games.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by sh9
(...) *Does anyone else feel this way? (...)

Me. Have rarely time and occasion for playing video games, although the whole collection of them are at home. I have enough time to play, but during the life span being a teenager and became an adult, I have realized another things to spend time with. And so, gaming is just one part of my life, but not everything anylonger as it was in the past. If I am feeling pleasure to play in free time, I still do. I am not feeling old for gaming. On the contrary: When I am thinking about my game collection, there are some games which I would love to own!

Original post by Amefish
My dad is 43, is a teacher and still games :smile: you're never too old for it

Like people with this attitude for games. Respect for your dad. But what about your own one to it? Did you have played together and against your father in the past? are you still doing it?*
Original post by hellodave5
I have become more selective with what I play, and won't play something that isn't amazing.
Played lots of CS:GO, EVE Online, Dark Souls, and The Witcher recently.
Gonna be starting second MSc :tongue: is always time.

Me too, but I extend the selectivity to games that I'm able to pick up and then drop at whim. It's a bit of a catch 22, as the best games keep you hooked, but I'd rather play a slightly less addictive game and retain a lot of my time for other activities.

Really good games (the ones I call unmissables) I save for a year or two after they're out, then get them on the cheap when I have time to play them.
There's people who will tell you that gaming is bad, they'll say this while they catching some pokemon on Pokemon Go.

Gaming can still be part of your life, just be more selective in the games you play and the hours in which you play games.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by greenteaturtle
I play games now and then, though not as frequently as I used to. I just lost my interest in games.

Can understand you. Its just people begin to realize that there are another things which can be interested than merely gaming (apart from the fact there are more important things in life than gaming). Is that so?*
Original post by Kallisto
Can understand you. Its just people begin to realize that there are another things which can be interested than merely gaming (apart from the fact there are more important things in life than gaming). Is that so?*

I guess so. As nerdy as it sounds, I find reading books more enjoyable now than running someone over in a car on GTA 5. I guess I've matured or just become a more boring person lol.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest