The Student Room Group

Official AS & A2 Results Day 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Zacken
Yes, obviously. They're not outstanding. An S is outstanding. By definition.

No, that's as far from the truth as you get.

A*A*, obviously - but he got that the year before, so wasn't part of his offer.

I am pro at phyzics

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Zacken
Yes, obviously. They're not outstanding. An S is outstanding. By definition.

No, that's as far from the truth as you get.

A*A*, obviously - but he got that the year before, so wasn't part of his offer.

I am pro at phyzics

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by physicsmaths
I am pro at phyzics

Posted from TSR Mobile

Enjoy Cambridge 👍👍
Yo, I got A*A*A*A in Maths, FM, physics and Chem respectively with A* in maths 1 year early. I know it's like 8% of people who get an A* for each exam and whatever but am I like the most intelligent for 1 in a 1000 or 1 in 500 if you consider all people both those who do a levels and those who drop out beforehand? I'm not trying to be arrogant, just wandering :smile:
Reply 9684
Original post by notanooblol
Yo, I got A*A*A*A in Maths, FM, physics and Chem respectively with A* in maths 1 year early. I know it's like 8% of people who get an A* for each exam and whatever but am I like the most intelligent for 1 in a 1000 or 1 in 500 if you consider all people both those who do a levels and those who drop out beforehand? I'm not trying to be arrogant, just wandering :smile:

You'll find that 28% of people in the whole of the UK got an A* in maths and further maths who sat it.
~8% for physics and ~10 % for chem IIRC.
You'll also find that the grades aren't independent so you really aren't special.

lol not even close mate.

another lol at 8% of people who get an A* in each exam

I would also add, wouldn't use the word intelligent... able or hardworking or something else, maybe. (Unless we're talking pretty much full UMS across the board, in my view, and even then you have to look further than just the grades)
(edited 7 years ago)
yikes im seeing all these A* on here i just gtgtgtgtgtgtgt

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 7 years ago)

Lol
You beat me by alot.
If you get an S in a step paper.
Then you can consider urself very intelligent.
Your the top 5 kids in each school.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Lol
You beat me by alot.
If you get an S in a step paper.
Then you can consider urself very intelligent.
Your the top 5 kids in each school.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 9691
what did everyone get for a level computer science?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Don't ask man lol

Posted from TSR Mobile
hi! I sent off my entire psychology a level (all 4 units) on the 24th as a priority remark. Does this mean I will still get my remark by the 31st since that's 18 days since the 18th? Or will it be later because I didn't send it off on the 18th?
(edited 7 years ago)

https://www.brightoncollege.org.uk/about-brighton-college/headlines/item/8137
I got my A2 results the other week. I came out with an A in my politics exam, even though throughout the year I've been getting A*s in all my practice papers. I thought the exams went pretty well, but got a B in my unit 3 and scraped a B in my unit 4. I didn't need an emergency remark because I still got into my firn. But could I still get a remark in it to see if it goes up or because I'm an A2 student is this not allowed?
Original post by Gee1214
I got my A2 results the other week. I came out with an A in my politics exam, even though throughout the year I've been getting A*s in all my practice papers. I thought the exams went pretty well, but got a B in my unit 3 and scraped a B in my unit 4. I didn't need an emergency remark because I still got into my firn. But could I still get a remark in it to see if it goes up or because I'm an A2 student is this not allowed?

What are the grade boundaries? How many extra marks do you need to go up a grade? You cant ask for a remark without your teachers' support. The first thing to do is get you paper back and look at it against the mark scheme with your teacher. The rules on remarks have changed this year. You cant just throw money at it - this disadvantages those who cant afford the remark cost.
Original post by TeachChemistry
What are the grade boundaries? How many extra marks do you need to go up a grade? You cant ask for a remark without your teachers' support. The first thing to do is get you paper back and look at it against the mark scheme with your teacher. The rules on remarks have changed this year. You cant just throw money at it - this disadvantages those who cant afford the remark cost.

Overall I need 11 UMS to get an A*. The difficult thing is, is that my teacher has left this year to another school, I guess I could speak to another teacher as she taught politics a few years ago. I'll speak to my parents and discuss it. Thanks😊
Original post by Gee1214
Overall I need 11 UMS to get an A*. The difficult thing is, is that my teacher has left this year to another school, I guess I could speak to another teacher as she taught politics a few years ago. I'll speak to my parents and discuss it. Thanks😊

It's a lot of UMS to go up, but if you're pretty sure it won't drop you down a grade then why not give it a go! (If you can afford to remark) Otherwise you'll always be wondering what if.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I got ABBC for my AS results . A for maths , B for physics and chemistry , C for Biology . I think I will drop Biology next year . Do you guys think what my predicted grades would be ?

Quick Reply

Latest