The Student Room Group

*Alisha's* GCSE Journey

About Me:
I'm 15, studying in a public school and will be doing my GCSE's next year! I'm really nervous for how I'm going to perform in Maths and English as we have to learn a lot more content than the previous years. The subjects I'm studying are:
Maths
English literature and language
Triple Science
Geography
RE (Half a GCSE)Urdu (My mum wanted me to take this....don't know what I'm going to get out of it:s-smilie:)

My Mock Grades:I'm not very happy with my mock grades......
English Literature B
English Language B
Maths D :s-smilie:
RE A*
Urdu B
Geography A :smile:
Biology C
Chemistry A
Physics C
Yeah....my results are sh*t

My Targets:
Targets set by teachers:
English Language A
English Literature A
Maths C/B
RE A* (Achieved this target)
Urdu B (Achievd)
Geography B (Exceeded this target)
Biology C :colonhash: (Achieved)
Chemistry A (Achieved)
Physics B

Personal Targets:
English Language A
English Literature A
Maths B
RE A*
Urdu A
Geography A*
Biology A
Chemistry A*
Physics B

In order to exceed my targets I'm going to study after school a maximum of 3 subjects ( I don't spend hours and hours revising so don't worry:biggrin:). I'll complete my homework in the weekends and will take track of my progress by writing down the grades I get on tests for each subject. I'll try to do at least half an hour of maths everyday so I could achieve a better grade in it. Also, I couldn't revise all the poems in my literature exam and rushed everything! Luckily the poems I did study came up:tongue:. I revised like 3 weeks before my mocks and soon had no time to revise.....and crammed for my physics exam. For my actual exams I'm going to start my revision in January...months before and will make sure I don't over do my work by using the pomodoro technique and to stop me from procrastinating I'm going to treat myself every time I finish revising a subject.

Note: This thread was made to motivate others to make a clear plan of how they will approach the next year. SO PLAN YOUR STUDYING TIMES because

(edited 7 years ago)
Hi Alisha! Good luck on achieving your personal targets :smile:

Spoiler

Good luck Alisha
Am positive you'll do really good.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by _gcx
Hi Alisha! Good luck on achieving your personal targets :smile:

Spoiler

Original post by Naomeyz_01
Good luck Alisha
Am positive you'll do really good.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks guys goodluck to both of you:smile:

Nice to meet you too. Thanks for the advice and how did you do in your exams? How did you find them? Wish you the best of luck for your A levels!
Wow! Those are some good grades:smile: and I thought I was the only one doing GCSE Urdu on TSR:s-smilie:
Usually people don't recommend working for 3-4 hours but it looks like it payed of. What were your other GCSE options?

Quick Reply

Latest