The Student Room Group

Shocking video filmed secretly in a Muslim Faith School in UK

Scroll to see replies

Original post by slaven
You replied to me that patriotism should not be promoted in schools. I said that it should because it is a duty of every citizen to be a patriot and who does not agree with this is a traitors. Sorry.

I things were according to me, the national anthem would be sung before the schools begins just like in the good old days when Britain was a superpower and an Empire. Be assure in such case we would not have incidents like in the video. Also when in Britain act like a Britis

Just to state, I didn't reply that patriotism should not be promoted in schools unless you got that from me saying

"I need to be loyal to the Crown? Truthfully, I haven't given a second thought to the Crown, does that mean I'm a traitor for minding my own business and following the law? "

I think you meant this guy "OShahpo" -

"Schools should not teach children to favour "Patriotism" or "Christianity", schools are about forming independent children that have the intellectual skills to form their own opinions about the world."

Anyway, I don't consider myself patriotic nor will I ever be. I have no immense love for this country and history and that applies to all countries. I am grateful for many things that have occurred due to the fact of me being born and raised in this country, it gives me a lot of privileges, however I have any feelings, positive or negative to this country or the Royal Family, truthfully. Never found a reason too. If I'm a traitor in your eyes, that's fine, just don't understand what I'm betraying.
Original post by slaven
You replied to me that patriotism should not be promoted in schools. I said that it should because it is a duty of every citizen to be a patriot and who does not agree with this is a traitors. Sorry.

I things were according to me, the national anthem would be sung before the schools begins just like in the good old days when Britain was a superpower and an Empire. Be assure in such case we would not have incidents like in the video. Also when in Britain act like a Britis
This shouldn't happen, otherwise it promotes rampant nationalism. Just to be clear before you label me a 'traitor', if you look at my past posts I've been highly critical of Islam in the past in regards to the cultural clash with Britain/the West, am very much in favour of promoting British values, am proud to be British and of Britain's history as a (generally) progressive country in regards to democracy, civil rights etc, but I draw a line at enforced singing of the national anthem. We need to teach children why we hold our values high, about Britain's history, but not force them at any time otherwise their ability to think independently is curbed, and nationalism can be a precursor to war. There's a difference between nationalism and patriotism. It is also due to the need to promote independent thinking that I think all faith schools, regardless of which religion (but particularly Islamic ones due to the integration issues), should be abolished. The fact that they currently receive state funding is appalling, really.

Also I must declare that I am not the biggest fan of the Royal Family. Don't get me wrong, I respect it as a historical institution and I believe the Queen has done a fantastic job as Head of State over the years, but it is precisely because I respect British democracy that I cannot also support an unelected Head of State. I would much rather we elect a President (or even call the person 'Regent' if you want to pay homage to the historical monarchy), and instead places like Buckingham Palace be converted into royal museums to celebrate our history, without it playing an active role in the governing of the country.

So, all in all, would you describe me as a 'traitor'? I'm proud to be British and proud of our culture, but I'm also a fan of secularism and democracy, in your book this is apparently mutually exclusive, but I beg to differ.
Reply 42
Original post by Rohan187
Just to state, I didn't reply that patriotism should not be promoted in schools unless you got that from me saying

"I need to be loyal to the Crown? Truthfully, I haven't given a second thought to the Crown, does that mean I'm a traitor for minding my own business and following the law? "

"Schools should not teach children to favour "Patriotism" or "Christianity", schools are about forming independent children that have the intellectual skills to form their own opinions about the world."

Anyway, I don't consider myself patriotic nor will I ever be. I have no immense love for this country and history and that applies to all countries. I am grateful for many things that have occurred due to the fact of me being born and raised in this country, it gives me a lot of privileges, however I have any feelings, positive or negative to this country or the Royal Family, truthfully. Never found a reason too. If I'm a traitor in your eyes, that's fine, just don't understand what I'm betraying.

Yeah, I have confused you with this guy. My apologies.

Yes, you are a traitor and anti-British. But it is not your faulth except for the education system. You should be thankfully to your ancestors because you inherited theese privelges from them and from previous generation who worked for Britain to be what is today.
Original post by Rohan187

I think people who don't have strong views one way or another for their homeland just haven't experienced enough of it, a sense of pride comes from feeling in a community, this is real patriotism, and it must be local, because real community is lived in our ordinary geographically restrictive lives. To say that I should feel as much for a Frenchman as I do my own people, who I live and breathe air with everyday, although I can, from literature and all else, seems to me very strange. Transport and communications has helped in this way though

Imo true patriotism comes from real historical bonds, if you live through a war the 'us' vs 'them' mentality and 'old' vs 'new' mentality seems entirely justified.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 44
Original post by JRKinder
This shouldn't happen, otherwise it promotes rampant nationalism. Just to be clear before you label me a 'traitor', if you look at my past posts I've been highly critical of Islam in the past in regards to the cultural clash with Britain/the West, am very much in favour of promoting British values, am proud to be British and of Britain's history as a (generally) progressive country in regards to democracy, civil rights etc, but I draw a line at enforced singing of the national anthem. We need to teach children why we hold our values high, about Britain's history, but not force them at any time otherwise their ability to think independently is curbed, and nationalism can be a precursor to war. There's a difference between nationalism and patriotism. It is also due to the need to promote independent thinking that I think all faith schools, regardless of which religion (but particularly Islamic ones due to the integration issues), should be abolished. The fact that they currently receive state funding is appalling, really.

Also I must declare that I am not the biggest fan of the Royal Family. Don't get me wrong, I respect it as a historical institution and I believe the Queen has done a fantastic job as Head of State over the years, but it is precisely because I respect British democracy that I cannot also support an unelected Head of State. I would much rather we elect a President (or even call the person 'Regent' if you want to pay homage to the historical monarchy), and instead places like Buckingham Palace be converted into royal museums to celebrate our history, without it playing an active role in the governing of the country.

So, all in all, would you describe me as a 'traitor'? I'm proud to be British and proud of our culture, but I'm also a fan of secularism and democracy, in your book this is apparently mutually exclusive, but I beg to differ.

Well, you seem to be ok. What only needs to be done is to be loyal to British values and respect british history.

I only do not agree with you on the issue with the Royal family. But it is a minor one. The British people are not souvereign in the UK it is the monarch and UK was never a true democracy but a consitutional monarchy.

And yesa yearly visit to belgium to Passandale and other graves of British soldiers to pay them respect should be mandatory for children. If Yanks and Russians do it so could UK.
Original post by JabaDaba12
I think people who don't have strong views one way or another for their homeland just haven't experienced enough of it, a sense of pride comes from feeling in a community, this is real patriotism, and it must be local, because real community is lived in our ordinary geographically restrictive lives. To say that I should feel as much for a Frenchman as I do my own people, who I live and breathe air with everyday, although I can, from literature and all else, seems to me very strange. Transport and communications has helped in this way though

Imo true patriotism comes from real historical bonds, if you live through a war the 'us' vs 'them' mentality and 'old' vs 'new' mentality seems entirely justified.

100% agree with that.

Original post by slaven
Yeah, I have confused you with this guy. My apologies.

Yes, you are a traitor and anti-British. But it is not your faulth except for the education system. You should be thankfully to your ancestors because you inherited theese privelges from them and from previous generation who worked for Britain to be what is today.

Well, I don't really know what to say to me being an unintentional traitor, but hey, it's not all that bad lmao.
Bruh :colonhash:

Don't go to the kuffar land , whilst they are sat there taking in this drivel in a ' kuffar' land.
tOPKek
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by RagingWhoreMoans
This is why i think I would make an excellent Muslim, probably rise to chief Mufti. It's basically all memory and rhetoric, there is no complex thinking involved.

Kill, stone, throw from building.

u dont kill them before u stone them, then where's the fun in stoning them?

u amateur
Original post by slaven
Well, you seem to be ok. What only needs to be done is to be loyal to British values and respect british history.

I only do not agree with you on the issue with the Royal family. But it is a minor one. The British people are not souvereign in the UK it is the monarch and UK was never a true democracy but a consitutional monarchy.

And yesa yearly visit to belgium to Passandale and other graves of British soldiers to pay them respect should be mandatory for children. If Yanks and Russians do it so could UK.
Thank you, I can assure you I am a big proponent of British values :wink:

Actually Parliament is sovereign in the UK, which I am thankful for overall. I think it's good that the monarch plays only a minor role in political affairs currently, but little things like the requirement of Royal Assent before a bill becomes law do bug me. Realistically the Queen will never reject a bill, but it has the potential for an unelected abuse of power. If someone should come to the thrown who is less dedicated to the country than the Queen is now, it may be a problem. So yes, I think I cannot help but put my backing to a 'Regent' over a monarch.

Do Americans and Russians actually do that? I didn't know. I think it's a good idea for teaching British history and also demonstrating the horrors of war and why they are to be avoided within all reasonable means, but I don't think the visits need to be yearly. Perhaps organised school visits to the major sites should be part of the history curriculum, but to visit them all every year isn't viable and is unecessary, beyond personal choice obviously. I would never discourage someone choosing to visit through their own free will.
Original post by Onde
+1 I absolutely agree with you. I have no more duty to "the Crown"...(or "the Queen...or "the Law", depending on what is meant by "the Crown":wink:, than it has to me.
Indeed. As I've said, we couldn't ask for a better monarch than the Queen has been but the institution itself is outdated in a modern democracy.
I agree that it is a shame that things like this go on. But equally i think that it is important not to blow it up out of proportion. There will always be people from one religion, criticising others. And yes i HAVE seen it both ways.

This doesn't mean that all muslim schools should be banned from the UK, just that husbands should make sure that their wives are being more moderate in their conversations in the classroom.

It is okay to believe that your religion is better than all of the others. God only help us that most of them do say this. What is not okay, is that they say 'gay' people should be thrown from out of buildings on their heads. Because the sad thing is that some people are actually flying over to the middle east, and carrying this out. That is the scary thing!
Lol I saw this. It's an episode from Dispatches made quite a few years ago (not 2016 lmao). It wasn't a school, it was some group club thing where adults meet up and learn. There was also a large contrast between what the men learn to the women since the classes were separate.

And Islamic schools are privately funded .
Original post by Trapz99
This is a Christian country.
- 59% of British people are Christians according to the 2011 Census
- We have an established church (Church of England) whose bishops occupy 26 seats in the House of Lords.
- Our culture is influenced heavily by Christianity (e.g. Christmas carols, nativity plays in primary school)
But that's the point, that stuff shouldn't be the case.
Original post by Terry Tibbs
But that's the point, that stuff shouldn't be the case.

Personally I think it should but each to their own I guess
Amusingly the end of the video is something the right wing would very much endorse, Muslims shouldn't live here and should go and move to Islamic countries.....though it begs the question of why they're still here themselves if they believe it so strongly? We could pay for one way tickets, that's tax payers money I wouldn't mind being spent, I hear there some fantastical places free of the curse of the dirty Kafir, shining jewels of the world where us nonbelievers beg and grovel to enter, Syria is top drawer for sure.
Original post by joey11223
Amusingly the end of the video is something the right wing would very much endorse, Muslims shouldn't live here and should go and move to Islamic countries.....though it begs the question of why they're still here themselves if they believe it so strongly? We could pay for one way tickets, that's tax payers money I wouldn't mind being spent, I hear there some fantastical places free of the curse of the dirty Kafir, shining jewels of the world where us nonbelievers beg and grovel to enter, Syria is top drawer for sure.

because evidently whatever hateful opinion you have about Muslims being western-haters, democracy-haters and non-integrators is unrepresentative or inaccurate
Reply 56
If this is in the UK I feel sick and extremely angry at the moment
Original post by Onde
In regards those who say that "not ALL Muslims are like that", it should be pointed out that part of the first pillar of Islam requires that a Muslim show special respect for the warlord Muhammad, an individual who carried out or endorsed many acts of violence, and whose religious book also endorses acts of violence, including acts of terrorism.

If Muslims ever actually started denouncing Muhammad...well, according to Islam, they aren't Muslims. So it is fair to say that "All Muslims are like that".

That's unfounded and wrong.
The part of the first pillar of Islam is: "Confess that there is no god but Allah and that Muhammed is his prophet".
Nothing about respect. You just have to believe that he is sent by God, whether or not you want to respect him or follow his actions is up to you and your "faith", or Iman as Muslims call it.
Original post by champ_mc99
Lol I saw this. It's an episode from Dispatches made quite a few years ago (not 2016 lmao). It wasn't a school, it was some group club thing where adults meet up and learn. There was also a large contrast between what the men learn to the women since the classes were separate.

And Islamic schools are privately funded .

1. It was a large British mosque.
2. There are 23 state-funded Islamic schools: www.parliament.uk/briefing-papers/sn06972.pdf

The real problem is the thousands of muslim private schools that indoctrinate children, as well as those that radicalise them.
Original post by lawyer3c
a perfect example of how islam protects women's rights

mashallah brother

You've got to be kidding me right/?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending