The Student Room Group

What can I do instead of Chemistry?

So I'm going to start year 13 this year. Last year I thought I'd want to become a psychologist and therefore chose to take psychology and biology as my 2 science A levels. I wouldn't "need" chemistry because there are many unis offering the degree and I'd apply for those not requiring chemistry (I know I would struggle a lot doing chemistry a level, so decided to do biology only). However, this year I realised that I want to study dietetics instead. Unfortunately, there are not many universities offering the degree and those offering it often require chemistry/ chemistry and biology. Some of them don't - but still mention that they "prefer" those who also took chemistry.
As it is too late to pick chemistry now, what else could I do to "compensate" the fact that I didn't do chemistry A level? Does anyone have any ideas of what I could do that would make me stand out?
Thank you so much in advance!
Reply 1
I'm not really sure but call/email the Uni and ask them. Least it will be reliable information. Also each uni will be different so make sure u ask each uni ur interested in.

Sorry not much help.

Good luck trying to figure it out
Original post by Abzlou
I'm not really sure but call/email the Uni and ask them. Least it will be reliable information. Also each uni will be different so make sure u ask each uni ur interested in.

Sorry not much help.

Good luck trying to figure it out

No problem! Thank you so much for your taking the time to reply and try to help anyway! I will follow your advice :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest