The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Mental Health Support Society XVIII

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Noodlzzz
Feel like calling the crisis team but scared that they'll either not be able to help or over react and get me sectioned :frown:

:hugs:Hope you're safe. It's a tough call, are you on your own at the moment?

WBZ144 - Apologies I didn't see your post up the thread. Re getting an extension for work for depression, it probably varies but at my uni you fill out an extenuating circumstances form complete with a medical certificate or letter from your GP (it can also be from your therapist or the uni support service). I know at my uni there is a limit to deadline extensions but it can be extended if circumstances are severe - I've just been given an extension of over a month for my dissertation due to depression, anxiety and complications related to my autism. The only catch is that it has to be in (complete with evidence) prior to the original deadline. In my experience (9 times out of 10 anyway), unis are very supportive and want you to succeed and so are happy to oblige.
Original post by Ezme39
In a surprisingly stable state of mind at the moment, but life is having a good attempt at knocking me down :/
The guy who asked me out last week has now admitted to leading on two girls at the same time, which sucks. For once I've actually stood my ground though :smile:
Also, my brothers having a cancer scare at the moment. He's seeing the doctor this week. It's probably nothing, but our family is high risk since both parents have had it :frown:

Hope your brother is OK :hugs: my best friend recently went through a cancer scare and due to her family history as well, it made the results even more daunting so I know how stressful it can be when someone you care about is going through a scare like that. Thankfully she got the all clear and I really do hope you brother gets the all clear too :hugs:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Spock's Socks
Hope your brother is OK :hugs: my best friend recently went through a cancer scare and due to her family history as well, it made the results even more daunting so I know how stressful it can be when someone you care about is going through a scare like that. Thankfully she got the all clear and I really do hope you brother gets the all clear too :hugs:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank you :hugs: we're in a similar situation, because both of my parents have had cancer (they're both okay now though!) - I know it's probably nothing, but naturally we're all bricking it right now..
Being back on meds really sucks :frown: I feel bad for complaining because it seems others are having a worse time than me atm.
(edited 7 years ago)
Insomnia strikes again -_-

Posted from TSR Mobile
Cannot.

Cope.
Original post by Anonymous
Cannot.

Cope.

:hugs:
Sorry to read there are so many people struggling atm :frown: Hugs for all! :grouphugs:

Also, welcome to the newbies :hi: Make yourself at home! :h:

I GOT TO MEET JONNY BENJAMIN (the 'Finding Mike' campaign guy) ON SUNDAY! :nutcase: :banana: :dance: He spent ages talking to me and seemed to genuinely be happy and interested enough to do so. He was so nice. It was really humbling to meet him and tell him what an inspiration he is for me, as someone who also has schizoaffective disorder :redface:
I'm really worried about my gran. I'm scared she possibly has the start of dementia

Spoiler

Back at my Dad's because I really wasn't coping. I feel ridiculous as I'm 25 so should be able to be cope by myself :frown:
Original post by LesPaul_Player91
Back at my Dad's because I really wasn't coping. I feel ridiculous as I'm 25 so should be able to be cope by myself :frown:

ik people older than you who struggle to cope so dw :hugs:
Original post by Anonymous
ik people older than you who struggle to cope so dw :hugs:

Thanks :hugs:I just find it frustrating that I still need my parents to help me with so much at my age. Still, at least I feel safe here.
Wollowing in self pity feeling really **** :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Well my therapy was basically useless, after that one off session where I was promised medication to be arranged by end of week and referral to a CPN, 6 weeks passed with me ringing once or twice a week for an update to be given none then out of the blue a phone call to say I missed an appointment and but they could squeeze me in next morning.

I attend to be told theres nothing they can do as I am doing all the correct motions i.e making an effort to get up early, trying to change diet (but failing) etc, trying to leave house.

And she had no recollecton of recommending me medication for anxiety and even said she didn't think they would be good for me.

What a waste.
Original post by drbluebox
Well my therapy was basically useless, after that one off session where I was promised medication to be arranged by end of week and referral to a CPN, 6 weeks passed with me ringing once or twice a week for an update to be given none then out of the blue a phone call to say I missed an appointment and but they could squeeze me in next morning.

I attend to be told theres nothing they can do as I am doing all the correct motions i.e making an effort to get up early, trying to change diet (but failing) etc, trying to leave house.

And she had no recollecton of recommending me medication for anxiety and even said she didn't think they would be good for me.

What a waste.

:hugs:

It always really angers me when I hear stories like this.

I had pretty much the same experience a couple of years ago in my uni town (and my therapist at the time said he'd heard the same thing time and time again from numerous people) - in spite of being a complete and utter wreck and stimming like crazy due to crippling anxiety in the meeting the psych asked me what I was like as a kid at school and basically because I did well at school and didn't act out much there was nothing wrong with me but really mild stress so I didn't need meds or anything, I just needed a couple of days off.

My only other advice would be a private consultation if you can afford it. It also takes time to get a correct diagnosis. I've been misdiagnosed and ultimately I didn't get my current diagnosis until September last year and I'd been 'in the system' so to speak on and off since the end of 2012.
What are people's experiences of moving area and new mental health teams?

How long will it be before I see the CMHT if my referral from old CMHT is accepted?
This is such a stupid stupid thing but gonna say it anyway pls dont judge :redface:

Spoiler

sooooo i forgot the password for Team_McDreamy - but that is me :smile: i know i havent posted in here for months and months but oh well

things at the moment are quite horrid to be frank. drifting from day to day in such a low, its like all my bones have been filled with lead, and theres a thick thick barrier blocking me from the outside world - everything is muffled and distorted and i cant make sense of it all. ive been slowly isolating and withdrawing for the past year or so now.. so i have like 1.5 friends at uni and 1 at home if you dont count my mum. if i miss too many days i'll get pulled in by the welfare team again so thats whats pushing me to go in every day, and every other minute is spent hiding in bed from the disaster that has become my life. years of hard work in therapy and taking medication and ive just thrown it down the drain by letting this monster creep back in.

so yeah. sorry for the cloud of negativity that has inevitably followed me in.
Moved hotel for a couple nights. Wifi works better here. :giggle:

Not doing that well at the moment, physical stuff has decided to flare up majorly so im in a lot of pain and nothing is doing much. The mental things aren't going that well either. I suppose it could be doctor time when I go back, however it will be difficult for me to book a appointment because of how I don't know my hours.

However, one bit of good news I got was that I've officially been accepted into my apprenticeship. And I start that less than a week after I come back. Hoping that means my resits came out okay since I haven't had the results yet and won't get them until I come back from holiday.

Hope everyone's okay :jumphug:
Original post by Noodlzzz
What are people's experiences of moving area and new mental health teams?

How long will it be before I see the CMHT if my referral from old CMHT is accepted?

When I moved trusts it took around 6 weeks to get an appointment, but that was a brand new referral as my old cmht didn't refer me direct.

It depends obviously on where you move, but I imagine that the wait will be until there is an appointment and when they can allocate you a CC. If you are staying in your trust it may be quicker, but from where I work, it seems to be around the average waiting time for a new appointment (~6 weeks). Sorry that's all I know!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest