The Student Room Group

Scottish University Question

I may only be 15 but Edinburgh is the uni I've always wanted to go to. My mum has told me I qualify for the Scottish uni fees because her and my dad are Scottish. they lived there all their lives untill they moved to England because of the army, so they didn't choose to live in England.
However my dad claimed Scottish domicile when still living there so him and my mum are still technically residents (don't quite understand this)
I've heard you must live in Scotland for 2/3 years before you can qualify for the Scottish fees.
Is this true? Or am I an exception because of my dad being in the military and the fact he claimed Scottish domicile?
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Emilyck1801
I may only be 15 but Edinburgh is the uni I've always wanted to go to. My mum has told me I qualify for the Scottish uni fees because her and my dad are Scottish. they lived there all their lives untill they moved to England because of the army, so they didn't choose to live in England.
I've heard you must live in Scotland for 2/3 years before you can qualify for the Scottish fees.
Is this true?

There are exceptions to residency requirements made for children of diplomats, but I'm not sure if that extends to children of those in the army too. Normally you would have to live in Scotland for 3 years before starting to get your fees paid for.
Reply 2
Original post by jelly1000
There are exceptions to residency requirements made for children of diplomats, but I'm not sure if that extends to children of those in the army too. Normally you would have to live in Scotland for 3 years before starting to get your fees paid for.

Thanks your your reply I thought no one would reply ahah
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 3
The best thing to do I think would be to contact the university to ask, and explain your situation to them
Original post by Emilyck1801
However my dad claimed Scottish domicile when still living there so him and my mum are still technically residents (don't quite understand this)
Is this true? Or am I an exception because of my dad being in the military and the fact he claimed Scottish domicile?

This should help :smile: http://www.saas.gov.uk/_forms/armed_forces.pdf
Reply 5

Thank you very much that is so helpful! X

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending