The Student Room Group

A levels Choices URGENT INTERVIEW

Scroll to see replies

You shouldn't think "What jobs give me big $$$" You should find a career you want to do.

There is money everywhere. People think you need an academic job to earn money but you don't. Skilled tradesmen can earn a lot of money as well and that career path feeds excellently into starting your own business which is where the real money is.

Think: what do i genuinely enjoy doing? And work from there.
Reply 21
Original post by Marked Target
You shouldn't think "What jobs give me big $$$" You should find a career you want to do.

There is money everywhere. People think you need an academic job to earn money but you don't. Skilled tradesmen can earn a lot of money as well and that career path feeds excellently into starting your own business which is where the real money is.

Think: what do i genuinely enjoy doing? And work from there.

The think I really want to become is a dentist but it's not going happen most likely. I need something elae. Just worried
Original post by England113
What about a lawyer

You can do virtually any A levels and any degree subject as long as you get decent grades and go to a decent uni.
Reply 23
Original post by 999tigger
You can do virtually any A levels and any degree subject as long as you get decent grades and go to a decent uni.

The money
Dude you shouldnt be looking at jobs which give you a lot of money. Do something that you are passionate about, that leads to good grades then see your options from there. There are high paying jobs in every occupation, you need the passion and drive to get yourself to that position. You'll be better off if you do subjects which actually interest you! Hope helps :tongue:
Reply 25
Original post by Chief_98
Dude you shouldnt be looking at jobs which give you a lot of money. Do something that you are passionate about, that leads to good grades then see your options from there. There are high paying jobs in every occupation, you need the passion and drive to get yourself to that position. You'll be better off if you do subjects which actually interest you! Hope helps :tongue:

I want to be an dentist but it's unlikely to happen so I might as well go for the money
Reply 26
I want to be an dentist but it's unlikely to happen so I might as well go for the money

Then become a skilled tradesman. You'll always have work and make more than a lot of graduates will whilst avoiding university dept.
Original post by UWS
STEM mentality

😂😂😂

Aren't you doing a STEM degree?
I don't think they'd let you do those subjects mainly because you can't even spell 'biology' or 'tomorrow'.

Posted from TSR Mobile

First take some time to read what these PDFs say about certain courses then you should have a better idea of what you want to do. I had a friend who got 6 A's and 4 B's at GCSE and he just picked subjects he thought he will do well (Chem, biology and maths) and he ended up failing chemistry but got a C in bio and B in maths. So be careful what subjects you choose now as it can affect you in the near future e.g. If you don't like the subject you will end up dropping it. Also if you start with 3 a levels and you want to drop one it's going to be hard for you. You don't want to end up like the guy. He's decided to work hard this year and do a full A Level of English language.

http://www.dorcan.co.uk/media/careers/A_Levels_Required_For_Degree_Areas.pdf

http://russellgroup.ac.uk/media/5320/informedchoices.pdf

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending