The Student Room Group

Portaloo in room instead of sharing bathroom at university?

Ok big dilemma i have been placed in mixed accomodation having to share kitchen and bathroom with 8 people. the biggest cringe is the bathroom. i cant stand dirt or unhygenic behaviour like wee on the seat or on the floor. so i have considered getting a portaloo which is 20 pound like a camping one and which i would have too empty but at least i know it will be clean? would anyone do this or has done this? i guess i just have major ocd.. help.. any suggestions? this is not a joke.

Scroll to see replies

You will lose the effort to lug that thing around and empty it after your first month at uni. Also where will you empty it?
Reply 2
portaloo? wtf!!
It sounds crazy but I would probably do it too
Reply 5
Original post by Pinkberry_y
You will lose the effort to lug that thing around and empty it after your first month at uni. Also where will you empty it?

it will just be in my room.and then i could empty it in the bathroom?
Doubt your uni would let you
Reply 7
Original post by glassriver
It sounds crazy but I would probably do it too

Lool its so annoying but i cant face sharing?
Reply 8
Original post by MeYou2Night
Doubt your uni would let you

they wont know ?
Original post by talulahjane
they wont know ?

Room inspections? The vast majority of unis have them.

Grow up and share anyway. Sharing a bathroom at uni was never a problem for the people I lived with. The only problem we actually had was one of the girls never cleaned herself after.. Umm .. You know? So one of my other girl flatmates confronted her and she stopped.
I actually think this is a genius idea. I have ibs and can understand the need to have a toilet that is immediately convenient and more private.
****in hell, where are you going to keep it in your wardrobe? haha
Original post by MeYou2Night
Room inspections? The vast majority of unis have them.

Grow up and share anyway. Sharing a bathroom at uni was never a problem for the people I lived with. The only problem we actually had was one of the girls never cleaned herself after.. Umm .. You know? So one of my other girl flatmates confronted her and she stopped.

i am quite grown but not sure of the others living with me.. did you have one bathroom and between how many? what was your worst experience? im just worried.
Original post by beautifulbigmacs
I actually think this is a genius idea. I have ibs and can understand the need to have a toilet that is immediately convenient and more private.

yeah i think it really helps having your own and you can even get a canvas marquee thing too place the toilet in so its completelt private within the room and has its own door if its makes sense
Original post by Themathgeek
Can't you not just ask to change accommodation and get an ensuite...

Posted from TSR Mobile

nope they have all gone :frown:
Original post by SCIENCE :D
****in hell, where are you going to keep it in your wardrobe? haha

lol i was thinking of getting this canvas cubicle thing to place it in that i saw on the camping site
What is room inspection gonna do? Fine him for trying to be more hygienic..

I think it's much better though for you to face them up and tell them to try & keep the bathroom clean. If that doesn't work, get it and explain to your accomodation uni dude.
i am quite grown but not sure of the others living with me.. did you have one bathroom and between how many? what was your worst experience? im just worried.

10 people, one shower, one bath, two toilets. I was fine apart from one of the girls inability to clean up blood after her time of the month, but it stopped after another girl housemate confronted her.

Everything else as fine but we all got on

If you're that concerned why dont you get en suite accommodation?
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by alevez2ez
What is room inspection gonna do? Fine him for trying to be more hygienic..

I think it's much better though for you to face them up and tell them to try & keep the bathroom clean. If that doesn't work, get it and explain to your accomodation uni dude.

haha thanks and yeah your right i should probably try it for a week or two then if not get the portaloo :/
lol i was thinking of getting this canvas cubicle thing to place it in that i saw on the camping site

Haha each to their own I suppose.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending