The Student Room Group

Knifeman 'shouts Allahu Akbar' as he attacks couple at music festival

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Betelgeuse-
Dont waste your time with him, he is a troll. He is not interested in honest discussion or debate.

Is that the only thing you can come up with when met with reason? Lmao

At least I had the decency to admit my mistake. You linked me a page where you claimed the incident happened, turns out it was 13 pages earlier in the thread.
Original post by 04MR17
Why does what they shout even matter? They are clear lunatics anyway so why are we listening?.
perhaps the attack could be defined as a case of extreme kuffarophobia ?

(ps : some people claim that there is such a thing as Islamophobia. So, why not Kuffarophobia ? )
Original post by Achaea
Actually no, the problem is the daily violence being committed in the name of Islam, not that some people are criticising Islam. (Not 'insulting', dearie. You can't 'insult' an ideology.)

Did this person want to personally help Islam by murdering someone?

These acts of violence can be committed by anyone, in the name of anything - it won't make a difference. But the problem is accelerated by discrimination.
Reply 43
Original post by alevelstresss
Betel said "a reasonable amount of people are now truly aware of what Islam means", but I guess his agenda is aligned with yours so there's no need to proof/fact check that, is there?

I'm not claiming anything as fact, this is based on my personal experience talking about issues of terrorism with many different people. With this issue, the people who have hateful feelings tend to be more vocal - and those with more accepting feelings tend to be quiet on it, its unconfirmed that the majority of people in the world see Islam as bad, which is the ORIGINAL CLAIM to which I was referring.

You want facts?

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2015/07/03/77-bombings-muslims-islam-britain-poll_n_7694452.html

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2015/dec/08/muslims-us-islam-islamophobia-data-polls

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/worldviews/wp/2016/07/11/anti-muslim-views-rise-across-europe/
Original post by KingBradly
Remember; this guy doesn't represent the majority of Muslims. However, some bloke refusing to sell a Muslim a cuppa cos his mate got shot up by jihadists is actually evidence that Europe is secretly fascist.
well, there are of course some people who hate Muslims

and there are also some Muslims who hate the "Kuffar"

so, if Islamophobia is considered to exist, why not "Kuffarophobia" ?

and, if we start making excuses for the kuffarophobes (they are reacting to Western policies, they are angry because they are being discriminated, abused, marginalised etc etc), shouldn't we also start making excuses for the Islamophobes (they are reacting to Nice, Brussels, the German stabbings, etc etc) ?

in reality, of course, we should make excuses for neither - and those labels mean precious little
(edited 7 years ago)
He shouted allah hu akbar? Oh my god there's 1.6 billion muslims that must mean the world is gonna ****in end
Original post by Angry Bird
He shouted allah hu akbar? Oh my god there's 1.6 billion muslims that must mean the world is gonna ****in end

Nah potentially just the lives of the unfortunate elderely victims. Ahwell eh
Reply 47

lol
Allah isn't great at all, what a stupid thing to scream.
The backpacker stabbing last week should be proof that instantly drawing links to IS, terrorism and incriminating Islam is stupid.

13 pages of whinging from people about how Islam was responsible last time, turns out he hadn't even stepped foot in a mosque in his life, and similarly was shown drinking alcohol on a beach.

Don't instantly blame Islam please, it literally makes these things more likely in an indirect manner.
Original post by alevelstresss
No one's saying it has nothing to do with Islam. But jumping around insulting Muslims/Islam as if its the singular factor which caused this is a part of the problem.

You have said repeatedly that this kinda violence has nothing to do with Islam.
Original post by Mathemagicien
I'm getting sick of these Buddhist extremists.

You should be getting concerned

http://time.com/3090990/how-an-extremist-buddhist-network-is-sowing-hatred-across-asia/

Maybe it's extremists of any kind that you need to be looking at, rather than focusing on just one group in particular.
From the Christian teachings:
If you curse your parents you must be executed.
"For every one that curseth his father or his mother shall be surely put to death: he hath cursed his father or his mother; his blood shall be upon him."
People who commit adultery must be killed.
"And the man that committeth adultery with another man's wife, even he that committeth adultery with his neighbour's wife, the adulterer and the adulteress shall surely be put to death."
If you sleep with a girl who's having her period you should be banished and thrown out of society.
"And if a man shall lie with a woman having her sickness, and shall uncover her nakedness; he hath discovered her fountain, and she hath uncovered the fountain of her blood: and both of them shall be cut off from among their people."
Anyone involved in witchcraft must be stoned to death.
"A man also or woman that hath a familiar spirit, or that is a wizard, shall surely be put to death: they shall stone them with stones: their blood shall be upon them."
Non-believers must be stoned to death.
" If there be found among you, within any of thy gates which the LORD thy God giveth thee, man or woman, that hath wrought wickedness in the sight of the LORD thy God, in transgressing his covenant, and hath gone and served other gods, and worshipped them, either the sun, or moon, or any of the host of heaven, which I have not commanded; and it be told thee, and thou hast heard of it, and enquired diligently, and, behold, it be true, and the thing certain, that such abomination is wrought in Israel then shalt thou bring forth that man or that woman, which have committed that wicked thing, unto thy gates, even that man or that woman, and shalt stone them with stones, till they die."
These all come from the Bible, a copy of which Michael Gove sent to every state school in the country.
Reply 53
Honestly i hate this ****ing world. The people have gone apeshit and are stabbing people left and right and so much pointless death happening by the second. The thought of breathing the same air as those horrible excuses for human beings, nasty pieces of **** just makes me shudder. i dont wanna be a part of it in any way -__-

Original post by Plantagenet Crown
Allah isn't great at all, what a stupid thing to scream.

I mean... he's supposed to be pretty big so :hide: :lol:
Reply 54
Original post by Lit teacher
From the Christian teachings:
If you curse your parents you must be executed.
"For every one that curseth his father or his mother shall be surely put to death: he hath cursed his father or his mother; his blood shall be upon him."
People who commit adultery must be killed.
"And the man that committeth adultery with another man's wife, even he that committeth adultery with his neighbour's wife, the adulterer and the adulteress shall surely be put to death."
If you sleep with a girl who's having her period you should be banished and thrown out of society.
"And if a man shall lie with a woman having her sickness, and shall uncover her nakedness; he hath discovered her fountain, and she hath uncovered the fountain of her blood: and both of them shall be cut off from among their people."
Anyone involved in witchcraft must be stoned to death.
"A man also or woman that hath a familiar spirit, or that is a wizard, shall surely be put to death: they shall stone them with stones: their blood shall be upon them."
Non-believers must be stoned to death.
" If there be found among you, within any of thy gates which the LORD thy God giveth thee, man or woman, that hath wrought wickedness in the sight of the LORD thy God, in transgressing his covenant, and hath gone and served other gods, and worshipped them, either the sun, or moon, or any of the host of heaven, which I have not commanded; and it be told thee, and thou hast heard of it, and enquired diligently, and, behold, it be true, and the thing certain, that such abomination is wrought in Israel then shalt thou bring forth that man or that woman, which have committed that wicked thing, unto thy gates, even that man or that woman, and shalt stone them with stones, till they die."
These all come from the Bible, a copy of which Michael Gove sent to every state school in the country.

1) It doesn't make the Quran right.
2) The Quran is universally regarded as the true word of God, whilst Christians generally don't have the same opinion of the Bible.
Original post by KingBradly
You have said repeatedly that this kinda violence has nothing to do with Islam.

Lol no I haven't, do you actually read my posts?

I'm just saying the cause of the violence isn't solely Islam, as people like you seem to think
Original post by Josb
1) It doesn't make the Quran right.
2) The Quran is universally regarded as the true word of God, whilst Christians generally don't have the same opinion of the Bible.

Just goes to show how easy it is to selectively quote from a religious text and give the wrong impression of its followers. If you can see that most modern day Christians don't actually want to stone to death disobedient children, why can't you also see that it is only a tiny fraction of the world's 1.5 billion Muslims who commit violence?

Were you aware that the vast majority of victims of ISIS are Muslims themselves, and that in countries such as Uganda or Nigeria there are Christians who use the Bible to justify killing children accused of witchcraft, executing homosexuals and killing Muslims. There are some evil people in all countries, and some of these use religion to justify their crimes. That doesn't make any one religion bad.
There should just be an Allahu Akbar of the day tab on the news this happens way too often and people would see how much of an issue tackling radicalism in the UK is.
Reply 58
Music festivals are quite well known for drug induced violence and insanity, at least in my country. Perhaps Germany is the same.

Either way, it's more fuel to the fire for the elderly and misinformed to immediately blame Muslims despite the whacked out ****er being on drugs.
Just goes to show how easy it is to selectively quote from a religious text and give the wrong impression of its followers. If you can see that most modern day Christians don't actually want to stone to death disobedient children, why can't you also see that it is only a tiny fraction of the world's 1.5 billion Muslims who commit violence?
when is the last time you've heard about disobedient children being stoned to death by fundamentalist Christians ?
Were you aware that the vast majority of victims of ISIS are Muslims themselves.
so, what ?

true, not even Muslims are safe from Islamic-inspired violence. In fact they are even more at risk than non-Muslims. I feel for them.

best

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending