The Student Room Group

Shocking video filmed secretly in a Muslim Faith School in UK

Scroll to see replies

"A muslim should emigrate to a muslim country" Then why the hell are you in england? Gtfo
Original post by RagingWhoreMoans
This is why i think I would make an excellent Muslim, probably rise to chief Mufti. It's basically all memory and rhetoric, there is no complex thinking involved.

Kill, stone, throw from building.

lold +1
I think all faith schools in the UK, publically funded or not, should be abolished. All they do is segregate people of foreign origin from natives and allow communities to develop which are totally insulated from British society and culture. We still have Catholic schools here in Scotland which separate the Irish immigrant community from the native born Protestants, and some Catholic communities still have major problems with homophobia and IRA sympathies, from people some of whom have never even been to Ireland. The Irish immigrants arrived here 150 years ago! Imagine if we have Pakistani/Bangladeshi communities in the UK in 150 years who still have not integrated. That is what will happen if we allow it to.
Original post by Lit teacher
Here's the link https://www.theguardian.com/education/2016/apr/14/ofsted-hails-trojan-horse-schools-remarkable-progress

I noted a Daily Mail article which claimed in outraged tones that pupils were 'forced to pray'! Did they not know that all English schools are still required to provide a daily act of communal worship?

It's truly pathetic but the positive note is this: like much of the Christianity that still lingers like a bad smell in law, policy and culture, it remains only as empty tradition. Christmas is not religious anymore; the school kids pray out of obligation and swiftly ignore them; the blasphemy laws which were only abolished in 2008 (!) have been ignored for decades, etc. We're at the final stages of reforming Christianity into nothingness. What's left is just stubborn old tradition - it has no substance behind it.

Also, for any biased readers of the above link: new non-muslim leadership replaced the Trojan Horse muslim trustees in order to improve Park View's status from its suspension of funding to "good". The Islamic extremist leadership did not suddenly have a change of heart - they were given the boot. It says it all in the article but I know how a lot of Islam apologists on here like to only read the titles of articles (if that).
In a multicultural, diverse society we must allow minority religions to tutor their children in schools which reflect their religious beliefs, while of course installing tolerant values concerning sexuality, gender, race relations, etc. I believe this can be achieved and apart from a few small exceptions this seems to have been a success.
Original post by Copperknickers
I think all faith schools in the UK, publically funded or not, should be abolished. All they do is segregate people of foreign origin from natives and allow communities to develop which are totally insulated from British society and culture. We still have Catholic schools here in Scotland which separate the Irish immigrant community from the native born Protestants, and some Catholic communities still have major problems with homophobia and IRA sympathies, from people some of whom have never even been to Ireland. The Irish immigrants arrived here 150 years ago! Imagine if we have Pakistani/Bangladeshi communities in the UK in 150 years who still have not integrated. That is what will happen if we allow it to.

It seems logical that schools ought to be neutral and teach the tenants, history and implications of religion equally and impartially in Religious Studies. Instead we have state-funded faith schools of every religion all teaching their pupils that their God is the one true God, and setting children up for conflict, closed-mindedness and irrationality, and forgoing their right to choice. That it continues in the UK is only shocking until you remember that all our PMs have been deeply Christian. Theresa May is worse than ever in this department so don't keep your fingers crossed for a change in policy anytime soon.
I found this video so disgusting and stomach churning I didnt even finish it....this institution is fostering hate and extremist behaviour. the women speaking here are 98.9% linked to radicalist groups since the chanting and repeating of punishments is as if they have already acted on these things... poor kids - although I can't help but think the parents want this

I'm a Muslim, who went to a Catholic sixth form (loved it - the spirit, the occasional mass, the classes in the beautiful chapel, the history,..). Most of us have NO PROBLEM WHATSOEVER with Christians I'd just like to say. However, I do know that a handful of faith schools (especially Islamic since they're 'untouchable' by regulations) have a very ugly side as experienced by some close friends of mine.... I'd just like to say, wherever you got this video, if you can find out where its from, you can genuinely help to shut the 'school' down :smile: also, that I am disgusted by this.

with regards to faith schools as a whole, I think they can be immensely successful, implementing religious ideals to build morale and discipline. especially ones that are in line with a country's beliefs and morals. HOWEVER , this stuff is just pure voodoo / evil / likely to end as a disaster. like wtf I'm genuinely scared it looks like a bloody IS compilation... so yh, the GCHQ lot need to be tracking the whiteboard or whatever...
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by slaven
Well, you seem to be ok. What only needs to be done is to be loyal to British values and respect british history.

And yesa yearly visit to belgium to Passandale and other graves of British soldiers to pay them respect should be mandatory for children. If Yanks and Russians do it so could UK.

And when you get to Belgium and find the graves of some of the 400,000 Muslim soldiers who fought for Britain in WW1, maybe you'll feel a touch of shame for your ignorance and prejudice.
Reply 88
'What do you do when a woman stands in front of a class of boys and teaches them? Kill... we kill her. We are talking about Islam. We can't live like animals and have women teach us'

That's if we go by her logic, ***** is prob feeding off benefits and has clearly has no respect for the very people that gave her the opportunity to stand there and spout all that disgusting horrible ****. Astaghfirullah, it doesn't even make sense having an Islamic school with there being like 73 sects and all.

Literally an ISIS factory. Its just imprinting hate into the hearts of those children. imo children should be taught about Islam and all religion in love and should be given a choice and freedom to think and question everything and anything they don't agree with. Not only will it make the relationships between the parents and the children much stronger and happier, it makes for a healthier discussion and probably a healthier and stronger faith.

I grew up watching that smile of a child christian tv channel with all the cartoons about stories of noah and moses and jesus and joseph (peace be upon them) and stuff. It actually lined up with the stories in the Quran/ Islam anyway and it made me realise how Christianity and Islam are very similar so I don't see what these people are on about. One of the successors to the prophet Muhammad (pbuh) actually prayed in a church once. We pray to the same God guys... hello?

R.E. lessons in school I think should be compulsory even in faith schools because they taught me so much about respecting other people's faiths and being open minded and willing to learn and discuss and the discussions we had were so interesting especially since we had members of basically every religion (and lack thereof) in our class.

P.S. churches are so beautiful and I've been to a couple before, I've also been to temples and stuff and just seeing the amount of faith and trust and love there is in there and positive energy is just so refreshing and admirable.

Anyway idek what im talking about anymore I didnt even watch the full video because its so ****ing nasty and cringey and I couldnt and its 2 am so baibai
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 89
Original post by Betelgeuse-

**** sake that keeps giving me a heart attack damn you
Original post by JRKinder
This shouldn't happen, otherwise it promotes rampant nationalism. Just to be clear before you label me a 'traitor', if you look at my past posts I've been highly critical of Islam in the past in regards to the cultural clash with Britain/the West, am very much in favour of promoting British values, am proud to be British and of Britain's history as a (generally) progressive country in regards to democracy, civil rights etc, but I draw a line at enforced singing of the national anthem. We need to teach children why we hold our values high, about Britain's history, but not force them at any time otherwise their ability to think independently is curbed, and nationalism can be a precursor to war. There's a difference between nationalism and patriotism. It is also due to the need to promote independent thinking that I think all faith schools, regardless of which religion (but particularly Islamic ones due to the integration issues), should be abolished. The fact that they currently receive state funding is appalling, really.

Also I must declare that I am not the biggest fan of the Royal Family. Don't get me wrong, I respect it as a historical institution and I believe the Queen has done a fantastic job as Head of State over the years, but it is precisely because I respect British democracy that I cannot also support an unelected Head of State. I would much rather we elect a President (or even call the person 'Regent' if you want to pay homage to the historical monarchy), and instead places like Buckingham Palace be converted into royal museums to celebrate our history, without it playing an active role in the governing of the country.

So, all in all, would you describe me as a 'traitor'? I'm proud to be British and proud of our culture, but I'm also a fan of secularism and democracy, in your book this is apparently mutually exclusive, but I beg to differ.

I think drawing a link between patriotism and nationalism is incorrect and could stifle sincere and healthy expressions of love and pride in ones country. The two may have duplicate forms of expression but that's where the similarities end.
Patriotism is inclusive while nationalism is exclusive.
Patriotism is an outlet for people who wish to express the good qualities they see in the country while nationalism focuses mainly on a countries desires, good or bad, and is driven by a united populace. In my opinion, patriotism finds it's best expression in the individual while nationalism is more suited for a mob.

As far as children singing the national anthem I offer this for what it is worth.
As one who has watched two generations grow up and now watching a third, children don't automatically adopt the same political values as their parents or even the same ideas about right and wrong. You may call it indoctrination if you like but expressing in song the feelings of pride you said you felt toward Britain and it's history are nor harmful or detrimental to a childs education. They don't stifle thought. They give a young person a, "touchstone", to evaluate the worth of what they are being told.
I feel patriotism is almost an instinctual desire and WILL be satisfied by something. Maybe more expressions of patriotism several years ago could have lowered the number of Brits leaving to fight for ISIS.
Reply 91
Original post by RobML
So you don't value freedom of speech?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Freedom of speech does not have to do with this. One is having an opinion anothet things is actively act against the country. That was always so until the 1960s.
Reply 92
Original post by Lit teacher
And when you get to Belgium and find the graves of some of the 400,000 Muslim soldiers who fought for Britain in WW1, maybe you'll feel a touch of shame for your ignorance and prejudice.

Actually I googled for this and no sources confirmed your statement except left-wing media outleast like vice snd guardian. So the number should be doubt.

On other hand more Rhodesians and Boers fought for Britain yet it did not prevenr yoz left-wingers to destroying them. What UK did to Rhodesia in 70s was a treason from uk side.
Original post by slaven
Actually I googled for this and no sources confirmed your statement except left-wing media outleast like vice snd guardian. So the number should be doubt.

Aren't there a decent number of muslims in India? India would have been the British Raj at the time and if I'm not mistaken Indian and Pakistani soldiers fought against the Ottoman empire. Still, 400,000 sounds like a lot (an awful lot actually). I'm sure some did but not 400,000.

Its videos like this which make me question everything muslims I've met do and wonder if its all just taqiyya. I do think though, is there no distinction between an enemy of islam and a kafir? I know muslims are supposed to hate and completely disassociate themselves from 'enemies of islam' but i thought mild discrimination was enough for the kafir.

Furthermore, why don't these people just go to another country? I find it completely baffling that people emigrate to the UK only to then go "The west must DIE! Western ideals are heretical! Smile to the kafir and then slip a knife in his back when he turns!" I mean, why? I wont move to an islamic country and complain about the culture there so don't come to a secular western country if you disagree with it.

I will say, I'll stand by what i said on another thread and say (probably the only person that will) that these things should not be censored. They should be denounced. People should look down upon them and disagree with them but they should not be censored. (worth saying, I'm not a muslim) I do disagree with children being indoctrinated with it and think groups like this should only be visitable by consenting adults but I don't think it should be censored.
Original post by Zeus007
How do you know if this person was a warlord? Abrahamic religions are so old that i doubt anyone living on this planet even knows what these people were like or even if they existed.

It doesn't matter if he was real or not. The point is that Muslims think he (whether real or merely an invented character) was the perfect example of a human, and this character which they idolize (which is exactly what they do, by definition, despite claiming to be dead against it) was very unpleasant.
Reply 95
Original post by Iridocyclitis
In a multicultural, diverse society we must allow minority religions to tutor their children in schools which reflect their religious beliefs, while of course installing tolerant values concerning sexuality, gender, race relations, etc. I believe this can be achieved and apart from a few small exceptions this seems to have been a success.

Do we really need to be multicultural and diverse?

In terms of race I see no problem. In terms of religion and in terms of brainwashing and indoctrinating children I see a huge problem.
Reply 96
Original post by RobML
So you don't value freedom of speech?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Why should a country let people in for whom their God and his laws stand above everything else?
Reply 97
What is with all the hatred of faith schools.
I attended a C of E primary the only difference between that and any other primary was that we would sing a hymn in assembly and recite the Lord's prayer at the end of assembly.
There is nothing wrong with that, and you weren't punished for abstaining from these things.
There is strong evidence however that many of the muslim faith schools are destructive and teach people the laws of islam rather than the laws of the land, and it results in things like this. I say keep faith schools for C of E but not for minority extremist religions like islam.
Original post by BobSausage
What is with all the hatred of faith schools.
I attended a C of E primary the only difference between that and any other primary was that we would sing a hymn in assembly and recite the Lord's prayer at the end of assembly.
There is nothing wrong with that, and you weren't punished for abstaining from these things.
There is strong evidence however that many of the muslim faith schools are destructive and teach people the laws of islam rather than the laws of the land, and it results in things like this. I say keep faith schools for C of E but not for minority extremist religions like islam.

There is no need to push a religion on a child. We should encourage children to make their own choice in a neutral environment. The only correct and fair school that respects the rights of a child and their intellectual development is a religiously and politically neutral one.
Original post by happiness12
You've never read the religious book, so how can you so confidently speak of it?

if you're disputing what he's saying then you - like most British Muslims - haven't properly read it either*

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending