The Student Room Group

Edge hill nursing April 2017

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Ohhh brill :smile: thanks :smile:
So how many of us on here are starting adult nursing for the April 17 intake? By the way - our start date is March 20th!!
I'll be starting but branching off into Mental Health :smile: are you looking forward to it? Xx
Reply 23
I applied for April 17 intake through clearing and have my interview on Tuesday, I was just wondering what advice anyone has about the interview?
Hi,
I have an interview this Thursday for adult nursing, would anyone be able to give me an idea of what the questions are like and their experience of the tests and interview? I'm quite nervous.

Thanks
Reply 25
Hey everyone, congrats to everyone who's got a place and good luck to those who've had interviews! I've been offered a place on Adult Nursing starting April 2017 :smile: I think I was way more nervous on my interview than I needed to be really, they're really friendly and welcoming. Hope it all went smoothly for you! :smile:
I have an interview for Adult Nursing at Edge Hill for April 2017 on Monday! Super Nervous! I'll be 26 by the time we start, I've already got a teaching degree but after spending 9months being a primary carer for my terminally ill grandfather, I decided after his death to apply for nursing! I feel slightly more relaxed after reading the comments re: the interview! In fairness, everyone I've spoken to during the application process has been absolutely lovely!
How did your interview go? Have you had it yet?
I've got an interview through clearing for adult nursing next Monday in edge hill. I was really nervous but to be honest, reading all these comments and speaking to a student nurse from there has made me feel really relaxed. I am still preparing and brushing up on my maths. But to be honest I'm not going to loose sleep from it. Sometimes it's the uncontrollable nerves that don't make you think clearly when doing the test and interview. Good luck everyone, xx
Reply 29
Good luck for your interviews! I'm sure you'll both do great! :smile: I'll be 35 by the time we start. I'm a bit similar to you theteach90, I've done a graphic design degree in the past but after caring for my nan until she died, decided I really wanted to go into nursing xx
Original post by Pinkbubblez88
I've got an interview through clearing for adult nursing next Monday in edge hill. I was really nervous but to be honest, reading all these comments and speaking to a student nurse from there has made me feel really relaxed. I am still preparing and brushing up on my maths. But to be honest I'm not going to loose sleep from it. Sometimes it's the uncontrollable nerves that don't make you think clearly when doing the test and interview. Good luck everyone, xx

I got confused, mine is this Monday coming (the 5th) so I may see you there! I found the Snap website really helped for maths and if you google 'nursing entrance maths questions' theres quite a few mock tests that come up! Good luck! Hopefully see you on Monday xx
Original post by Jen82
Good luck for your interviews! I'm sure you'll both do great! :smile: I'll be 35 by the time we start. I'm a bit similar to you theteach90, I've done a graphic design degree in the past but after caring for my nan until she died, decided I really wanted to go into nursing xx

I'm glad there's someone else in the same boat! How did you find your interview Jen? I'm worried they'll tell me I don't have enough 'experience' xx
Hi, I went for my interview yesterday and got offered a place today. Can't wait to start in March :smile:

PS - this link was great for the interview questions. Whatever they ask you will most likely be connected to one of these questions. I found it a life saver.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by luceebecca
Hi, I went for my interview yesterday and got offered a place today. Can't wait to start in March :smile:

PS - this link was great for the interview questions. Whatever they ask you will most likely be connected to one of these questions. I found it a life saver.

What link is that please??? Congrats on a successful interview :biggrin:
Original post by TheTeach90
What link is that please??? Congrats on a successful interview :biggrin:

I thought I had put the link! Sorry! :s-smilie:. Thank you and good luck! They are all so kind and it's really relaxed.

https://www.studential.com/university/applying/UCAS-application-guide/interviews/nursing-questions
I thought I had put the link! Sorry! :s-smilie:. Thank you and good luck! They are all so kind and it's really relaxed.

https://www.studential.com/university/applying/UCAS-application-guide/interviews/nursing-questions

thank you! I was literally just reading that! :biggrin:
[video="youtube;VpRvZGY3O3g"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VpRvZGY3O3g[/video] Just found this video on the 6 c's and The Francis Report whilst prepping for Monday. I then had a look through their channel and found quite a few useful clips. I found the one on the NMC really helpful too. Hope this helps somebody else as well :biggrin:
Reply 37
Original post by TheTeach90
I'm glad there's someone else in the same boat! How did you find your interview Jen? I'm worried they'll tell me I don't have enough 'experience' xx

Me too! I found the interview was really friendly and relaxed, but I was extremely nervous! There was really no need for me to be that nervous as the two women that interviewed me were really lovely and tried their best to put me at ease. I think after reading those links and the clips you've been watching you'll be more than prepared for your interview! I wouldn't worry that they'll think you don't have enough experience, It's similar experience to mine and I got in! They must really like the sound of you already to have invited you for an interview! :smile: Good luck again, not that you'll need it I'm sure! :wink: xx
Reply 38

Congrats Luceebecca on getting in! :smile:
Aww congrats on the offer!! Made up for you lovely. Its our turn now theteach90. Well be fab xx

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending