The Student Room Group

University of Cambridge Freshers Megathread 2016

Scroll to see replies

He went to the IMO more times then I have been cambridge.
Dw bout lim jeck.
There is another one called Alex Gunning coming too :smile:
Don't forget the UK IMOers aswell :smile:
Original post by D3LLI5
They're going to notice. Obviously the best solution is to try and get it sorted out before you get there. In terms of what the college will do, I'm not entirely sure, I would highly doubt they would kick you out, the worst they could do would probably be make you intermit a year in order to sort it out, in which case you wouldn't need to reapply, you'd just have the year out.

Have you spoken to your gp about trying to sort it out?

You're clever enough to study at Cambridge, yet you think someone can "sort out" their anorexia within a month.

Hmm. :beard:
One info for matriculation dress code to female fresher-to be...........(and @physicsmaths if he's still planning to wear dress)

At some colleges (only a few), they may ask you to wear either black or while under the gown for matriculation.
Just noticed while browsing through my daughter's graduation year book (with group photos of all colleges on matriculation day), at a few colleges female students are all wearing either black or white, no other colou like other colleges.
(Only noticed this because someone asked me about dress for formals a few days ago....:tongue:)

I'm sure your college will tell you what to wear in a welcome pack you'll receive very shortly, but if you're planning to go shopping for a dress to take to Cambridge before it comes, please bear in mind this possibility.
(edited 7 years ago)

How old is this guy? I can't tell if he stopped doing imo after 2013 cus he was too old or he just found it too easy
Original post by vincrows
One info for matriculation dress code to female fresher-to be...........(and @physicsmaths if he's still planning to wear dress)

At some colleges (only a few), they may ask you to wear either black or while under the gown for matriculation.
Just noticed while browsing through my daughter's graduation year book (with group photos of all colleges on matriculation day), at a few colleges female students are wearing either black or white.
I'm sure your college will tell you what to wear in a welcome pack you'll receive very shortly, but if you're planning to go shopping for a dress to take to Cambridge before it comes, please bear in mind this possibility.

the benefit of King's is that we dont have to bother with this gown stuff until we're there
Reply 646
is freshers week fun at Cambridge or do students just start studying?
and is it only within your college or do you get to interact with other colleges?
Original post by EnglishMuon
the benefit of King's is that we dont have to bother with this gown stuff until we're there

That's what they think.
They don't know what they're missing....:wink:

And you'll have to hire a gown for graduation, which is not the most economical way to wear a gown. :tongue:
Original post by 12284
is freshers week fun at Cambridge or do students just start studying?
and is it only within your college or do you get to interact with other colleges?

It's fun, definitely.
Students for some courses (mainly maths/natsci) start working during the freshers week, but most do not.

Most of freshers week events are organised by your college/college JCR exclusively for their own students, but there're also some events you can take part which is organised by university-wide club/society and other organisations, so there's a chance to meet others from other colleges, too.
(edited 7 years ago)
How old is this guy? I can't tell if he stopped doing imo after 2013 cus he was too old or he just found it too easy

Jam, I am in contact with him I will see if he is on Part III courses yet.
He finished in 2013 then had National service for 2 years till like mid of this academic year so got a specially defferred offer when he applied in 2013/2014 cycle. Didn't even sit step. Tbh who would.
So he has been doing Uni maths for 3 years. He will for sure be senior wrangler, like no one is ahead, if he finished school thisbyear it would be very different. But 3 years of Uni maths will make a massive difference.
If not him, maybe gunning.
Lets see how many alphas he will get in Part II.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Jam, I am in contact with him I will see if he is on Part III courses yet.
He finished in 2013 then had National service for 2 years till like mid of this academic year so got a specially defferred offer when he applied in 2013/2014 cycle. Didn't even sit step. Tbh who would.
So he has been doing Uni maths for 3 years. He will for sure be senior wrangler, like no one is ahead, if he finished school thisbyear it would be very different. But 3 years of Uni maths will make a massive difference.
If not him, maybe gunning.
Lets see how many alphas he will get in Part II.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Two years older than us, I think - he served in the army for two years. (or something like that)
ImageUploadedByStudent Room1472550821.945271.jpg
Initial plans for cambridge underground.
We are lucky Krollo revealed this to us.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 7 years ago)
Has everyone got their raven id.
I got it in an email 20 minutes ago.
So exciting.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by physicsmaths
ImageUploadedByStudent Room1472550821.945271.jpg
Initial plans for cambridge underground.
We are lucky Krollo revealed this to us.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Is it just me, or I can only see two black screens (?) sandwiching a map on my iPad.....

Is it about this?
http://www.cambridge-news.co.uk/cambridge-connect-underground-tunnels-light-rail/story-28892906-detail/story.html
Original post by physicsmaths
Has everyone got their raven id.
I got it in an email 20 minutes ago.
So exciting.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I completed the form, but can't see my CRSid.
Original post by Loyota

It said something about an account being created overnight.
Original post by Loyota

As above, the account will be created overnight and you'll need to log in tomorrow to get your UIS number.
Original post by EricPiphany
It said something about an account being created overnight.

Original post by Zacken
As above, the account will be created overnight and you'll need to log in tomorrow to get your UIS number.

Ok, thanks guys :smile:
Original post by vincrows
marriage blue, Cambridge-version.

:tongue:

Did you feel that before you got married???

Wth I don't want to go through this twice (or more)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending