The Student Room Group

Help with hair colour

So my hair is finally healthy after not having touched it for 1.5 years following constantly dying it from the age of 11.

I'm getting bored of the colour, which has pretty much grown out and faded to my natural colour, and so want to change it up.

I'm naturally blonde, probably a level 7/medium blonde

Which of the following colours do you prefer?
Hair 1.jpg
Attachment not found
Reply 1
I personally prefer the first one (although could be biased since I really like that actual haircut). I think you should go for something like that, or just dye it in way that your roots won't be an issue or you could just get sucked back into the cycle of dyeing it a lot to maintain a certain look and end up damaging your hair again. That being said, the colour in the second one is nice, so why not go for highlights in that colour, or ombre is always a cute but low maintenance look. Then you could keep your hair in good condition by just doing a deep condition on the ends and keep the top half naturally healthy. Hope I helped!
1!
Original post by Mia549
I personally prefer the first one (although could be biased since I really like that actual haircut). I think you should go for something like that, or just dye it in way that your roots won't be an issue or you could just get sucked back into the cycle of dyeing it a lot to maintain a certain look and end up damaging your hair again. That being said, the colour in the second one is nice, so why not go for highlights in that colour, or ombre is always a cute but low maintenance look. Then you could keep your hair in good condition by just doing a deep condition on the ends and keep the top half naturally healthy. Hope I helped!

Original post by saraxh
1!

I was originally going to go with the first one, however I feel like balayage has been overdone. I saw the second picture yesterday and there's just something about it that I fell in love with...

I don't know
Reply 4
Original post by A-LJLB
I was originally going to go with the first one, however I feel like balayage has been overdone. I saw the second picture yesterday and there's just something about it that I fell in love with...

I don't know

You do know, really. It's in your answer. You've fallen in love with the second one, so go for that regardless of other peoples opinion. That one is still pretty too, and it's more important that you end up with something you're happy and confident with - either way, I'm sure whatever you go for will look lovely.
Also, don't forget that hairstyles and colours aren't permanent so if you change your mind later and decide the other is better, you'll still have the chance to give that a go at some point
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Mia549
You do know. You've fallen in love with the second one, so go for that regardless of other peoples opinion. That one is still pretty too, and it's more important that you end up with something you're happy and confident with - either way, I'm sure whatever you go for will look lovely

I guess I'm worried I'll get bored of being blonde, where as the first one is a mix of blonde and brunette so I hoped I wouldn't get bored :P I always change between the two haha, I don't want to go back to ruining my hair due to being indecisive
The first one is so nice

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7
How about you try the first, and if you decide you want to do the full head you can still do that by lightening the bits you left alone? It's a bit fiddly but it's something you could consider -although, forget blonde, go full out pink :smile:
Boots have a lightening kit that's less damaging than plain bleach, I think, so that could help minimise damage, and there are other ways too. I know what you mean about getting bored though, I've got purple ends but now I'm already really wanting to go blue...
Original post by Mia549
How about you try the first, and if you decide you want to do the full head you can still do that by lightening the bits you left alone? It's a bit fiddly but it's something you could consider -although, forget blonde, go full out pink :smile:
Boots have a lightening kit that's less damaging than plain bleach, I think, so that could help minimise damage, and there are other ways too. I know what you mean about getting bored though, I've got purple ends but now I'm already really wanting to go blue...

Haha the turquoise colour from Schwarzkopf Live is to die for! Maybe :smile: I'm going to get it done professionally, so I'll see what my hairdresser says as she always puts the health of my hair first! Thank you for your help :smile:

Original post by bikiniikilll
The first one is so nice

Posted from TSR Mobile

I know! Decisions decisions
The second color suits you better.

Original post by A-LJLB
So my hair is finally healthy after not having touched it for 1.5 years following constantly dying it from the age of 11.

I'm getting bored of the colour, which has pretty much grown out and faded to my natural colour, and so want to change it up.

I'm naturally blonde, probably a level 7/medium blonde

Which of the following colours do you prefer?
Hair 1.jpg
Attachment not found
Original post by annabirks
The second color suits you better.

How do you know what would suit me better...

Quick Reply

Latest