The Student Room Group

Help me find a rich husband pls

Scroll to see replies

(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by markova21
Well i'd always wanted to go out with a millionaire. In the end I went out with two. [Not at the same time!]. One when I lived in Paris and one when I was back in Manchester and he lived in nearby Cheshire. They both turned out to be obnoxious,arrogant,conceited sons of *****es. But maybe I was just unlucky.

How did you find them?
Original post by Anonymous
I'm from an extremely crappy background and I've come to the realisation that I'll never be rich or live comfortably without marrying someone richer than me (also if you're gonna comment about being a golddigger or how I should feel ashamed of myself then pls spare me the bs cause I'm not interested)
I've been told I'm pretty and my personality is 'outgoing'. So I was wondering apart from oxbridge (I'm not smart enough) which uni has the wealthiest guys arounds (I am not looking for the 'rah' types btw)
Any suggestions on how to bag a rich guy are welcome :smile:

I hate those women on all the reality shows like The Real housewives of Atlanta, Orange County, Cheshire, etc but only because i'm jealous that it will never happen to me. But i still have to watch it as the arguments on it are so funny
But i hate rich wives that don't have a job and do nothing except go to expensive lunches, spa's and waste millions giving it away to charities instead of trying to help the homeless and give them a home to get them off the street.
But there's nothing wrong with anyone wishing to marry someone rich, someone has to get lucky.
You need feminism girl
You don't need to rely on men. What about if you get wealthy yourself?

Posted from TSR Mobile
This is such a bad, bad idea.
There was once an attractive girl who I was getting real close to, she liked me too... That was until she met a guy from Harrogate who had been privately educated. :frown:

Girls only have one thing on their mind!
Reply 87
Original post by leavingthecity
This is such a bad, bad idea.

Let the little girls dream about their Christian Grey.
Original post by markova21
Well i'd always wanted to go out with a millionaire. In the end I went out with two. [Not at the same time!]. One when I lived in Paris and one when I was back in Manchester and he lived in nearby Cheshire. They both turned out to be obnoxious,arrogant,conceited sons of *****es. But maybe I was just unlucky.

Millionaire?
Pft.
What's wrong with a normal class guy? If he gives you the love and respect that's the most you need!

Obviously, rich men and are going to be arrogant.. there's very rare but in order to find a great rich man you need to build yourself up to their standards and that's just a waste of time tbh.

Good luck man.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Wired_1800
Hi,

It is understandable that you want to improve your life chances by finding a rich husband or marrying into a wealthy family. Yes, that is fair enough. However, try not to make it look like you are a gold-digger only there for the money.

Some very wealthy people can be paranoid about gold-diggers and may be able to sniff you out.

If you want to improve your chances, then you need to improve your lifestyle by bettering your habits and outlook. There are women, who support their daughters, in order to bag a wealthy suitor.

The mother of Kate Middleton (Duchess of Cambridge and wife of Prince William) was accused of pushing Kate Middleton to reject her first choice University (Edinburgh), in favour of St. Andrews, where Prince William went to uni.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/kate-middleton-chose-st-andrews-2244107

So it is normal for people to aim for a better life. For universities (my opinion) - in no particular order

International (rich kids from outside the UK).
1. Oxbridge
2. UCL
3. LSE
4. Imperial
5. Manchester
6. Warwick
7. Bristol
8. Edinburgh
9. Kings College London
10. Nottingham

Home Students (rich kids from the UK)
1. Oxbridge
2. Durham
3. UCL
4. LSE
5. Bath
6. Bristol
7. Exeter
8. Manchester
9. University of St. Andrews
10. Warwick

This is just my opinion and I think that these are the universities rich folks like to go to. Obviously, some Universities are harder to get into than others.

You can also look at the University destinations of top private schools like Eton, Charterhouse, Rugby School, Harrow, Westminster, Clifton College and Marlborough. That will give you an indication of the popular universities among the rich kids from private schools.

Good luck in your search.

I can't say I'm surprised Kate Middleton's mum making her reject her first choice. I read her first choice was Oxford Brookes or something. But yeah you're right about Oxford and Cambridge. And Bristol.

I checked the website of one of the most expensive private schools in the country and majority of their kids went to Oxbridge,Bristol or Nottingham.
Original post by MissEllieL
Was it worth the arrogance for the places he took you or did it get too much quickly? Hope you got some good shopping sprees out of it at least haha

He would just make snide remarks which irritated me. Meh I just got cupcakes and got to drive a Lambo :tongue:
Original post by MrsSheldonCooper
He would just make snide remarks which irritated me. Meh I just got cupcakes and got to drive a Lambo :tongue:

That would get annoying, cupcakes outweighs it for a while though I think! Also he let you drive his car, that's pretty good going haha :wink:
Original post by MrsSheldonCooper
I can't say I'm surprised Kate Middleton's mum making her reject her first choice. I read her first choice was Oxford Brookes or something. But yeah you're right about Oxford and Cambridge. And Bristol.

I checked the website of one of the most expensive private schools in the country and majority of their kids went to Oxbridge,Bristol or Nottingham.

People cannot bash Kate Middleton's mother for wanting the best for her daughter. Every mother, who loves their daughter(s), will pursue similar goals.

Even another woman was seen asking Prince William to introduce her daughter to Prince Harry. I don't think that it is golddigging per se.

Yes, I think the Universities mentioned are magnets for rich kids especially Oxbridge, Durham and Bristol for UK rich kids. In the end, rich people want to be around their like.
This is one of the most depressing things i've read in a long time.
Original post by -Simon-
This is one of the most depressing things i've read in a long time.

I'm not sure if it's worse that this thread exists or the fact that everyone is actually taking it seriously
What do you have to offer to a wealthy, successful man?
Reply 96
Original post by Anonymous
I'm from an extremely crappy background and I've come to the realisation that I'll never be rich or live comfortably without marrying someone richer than me (also if you're gonna comment about being a golddigger or how I should feel ashamed of myself then pls spare me the bs cause I'm not interested)
I've been told I'm pretty and my personality is 'outgoing'. So I was wondering apart from oxbridge (I'm not smart enough) which uni has the wealthiest guys arounds (I am not looking for the 'rah' types btw)
Any suggestions on how to bag a rich guy are welcome :smile:

A smart, rich and successful man will only ever go for someone who he considers to be on his same level. Why would you want to live a life where everything you have is from a man. He wont ever really respect you. Don't put yourself down and say that you aren't smart enough or you wont ever be rich........that mind set itself will be what will stop you from going far in life. How about instead of posting a thread like this you spend your time doing your homework, studying, researching university courses that will lead to a lucrative career huh. Show men that you are more than just a pretty face......show them that you too are a smart, rich and successful woman and trust me they will be falling on their knees for you. Don't make a man give you what you want in life, YOU need to that for yourself.
Original post by Josb
Let the little girls dream about their Christian Grey.

I don't get it...she has good grades...she's young....what's wrong with DIY?

When I was born we banked with Coutts, by the time I was seven we lived in poverty. I now work and everything I have I've achieved for myself. I'm not rich and I don't feel I need to be, certainly not through marriage! I've dated several wealthy men and the experience has been negative overall. The only successful man I've ever been interested in grew up in poverty on a London council estate and the attraction was that we laughed about our shared experiences. We all know women who've done what OP wants to do and does it ever work? Not really.
Original post by leavingthecity
I don't get it...she has good grades...she's young....what's wrong with DIY?

When I was born we banked with Coutts, by the time I was seven we lived in poverty. I now work and everything I have I've achieved for myself. I'm not rich and I don't feel I need to be, certainly not through marriage! I've dated several wealthy men and the experience has been negative overall. The only successful man I've ever been interested in grew up in poverty on a London council estate and the attraction was that we laughed about our shared experiences. We all know women who've done what OP wants to do and does it ever work? Not really.

Sorry, how did you go from banking with Coutts to living in poverty? Are you from old money or new money?

Old money families don't make such a change in their livelihoods in 7 years.
Original post by Wired_1800
Sorry, how did you go from banking with Coutts to living in poverty? Are you from old money or new money?

Old money families don't make such a change in their livelihoods in 7 years.

Bit of a strange question and off topic? Not old money no.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending