The Student Room Group

Freshers week help?

My freshers week seems to have stuff about my course i have to go to is this normal for most uni's or is it more like a week off?
We didn't have a week off, during the day there were still things we had to go to eg introduction lectures, but it wasn't anything important
Original post by Numero Uno
My freshers week seems to have stuff about my course i have to go to is this normal for most uni's or is it more like a week off?

I'm sure my fresher's week also involves introductory lectures and so on. I wouldn't really be worried or anything - and plus, be excited nonetheless, as you will probably have lots of cool information and facts about the course you wanted to study :biggrin:
Reply 3
Thanks guys that helped!! :smile:
Original post by Numero Uno

Hello :biggrin:

It depends on the university - for example, at mine Freshers Week was a mixture of day-time and night-time events that introduced you to the university, the services available and the societies as well as ice-breaker / social events to prepare you for university life!

However some universities do hold introductory lectures for certain courses - they aren't majorly important but they do let you know whats what in regards to your course etc.

Best of luck :smile:
Reply 5
Original post by JustGeorgeJ
Hello :biggrin:

It depends on the university - for example, at mine Freshers Week was a mixture of day-time and night-time events that introduced you to the university, the services available and the societies as well as ice-breaker / social events to prepare you for university life!

However some universities do hold introductory lectures for certain courses - they aren't majorly important but they do let you know whats what in regards to your course etc.

Best of luck :smile:

yeh thanks :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending