The Student Room Group

Girl I like seems to be going off the rails

There is this girl that I've liked for ages, when I first met her I found out she was in a very serious relationship (she had twins with the guy she was with). Anyway they separated and I told her that I liked her but she kind of knocked me back but I carried on talking to her anyway in the hope that something would happen. I spoke to her for the last time a few weeks ago and again she knocked me back so I've not spoken to her since.

That's the background, anyway in the past few months she seems to have gone off the rails. She made some new friends who I think are a bad influence on her, she is always out drinking and never seems to look after the kids anymore and she is hanging around with this guy who seems like a right a***hole. She has also neglected her oldest friends who she has known since she was a kid and they are worried about her too and think her new friends are a bad influence and don't like this new guy she's hanging around with.

I still like but I don't know if I should do anything. What should I do?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Why are you interested in her when she already has children AND isn't even interested in you.

Come on dude
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Anonymous
There is this girl that I've liked for ages, when I first met her I found out she was in a very serious relationship (she had twins with the guy she was with). Anyway they separated and I told her that I liked her but she kind of knocked me back but I carried on talking to her anyway in the hope that something would happen. I spoke to her for the last time a few weeks ago and again she knocked me back so I've not spoken to her since.

That's the background, anyway in the past few months she seems to have gone off the rails. She made some new friends who I think are a bad influence on her, she is always out drinking and never seems to look after the kids anymore and she is hanging around with this guy who seems like a right a***hole. She has also neglected her oldest friends who she has known since she was a kid and they are worried about her too and think her new friends are a bad influence and don't like this new guy she's hanging around with.

Way too much baggage here. She doesn't even sound like one of the sweet nice ladies with kids who were ditched by the good for nothing baby daddy and that's why they're in the position they're in today.
She just sounds like a headache on legs tbh
Reply 3
Original post by RooshV
Why are you interested in her when she already has children

I don't think thats the biggest problem right now. But anyway when I met her I didn't know she had kids and when I found out she did have kids I wasn't that bothered because of how much I like her.
Reply 4
I don't think thats the biggest problem right now. But anyway when I met her I didn't know she had kids and when I found out she did have kids I wasn't that bothered because of how much I like her.

Beta.

Fix up. This is catastrophic
What should I do?

You should grow a pair and move on.
Reply 6

Accept that she doesn't want your efforts and move on. You cannot help her and you never will be able to.

"Don't save her, she don't wanna be saved."
Reply 7
Original post by Pinkberry_y
Way too much baggage here. She doesn't even sound like one of the sweet nice ladies with kids who were ditched by the good for nothing baby daddy and that's why they're in the position they're in today.

Male shaming. Calling the baby daddy good for nothing merely because he is male and you think you can get away with it.

Not anymore
Reply 8
Original post by Pinkberry_y

Thing is when I first met her she was one of the "sweet nice ladies" and she said her and her fella just drifted apart. Maybe now I'm starting to see why.
Reply 9
Original post by sh9
Accept that she doesn't want your efforts and move on. You cannot help her and you never will be able to.

"Don't save her, she don't wanna be saved."

Maybe she doesn't want my efforts but I feel like I can't sit around and do nothing. Her oldest friends are even worried about her and they're asking me a guy who has only known her for a few months to try and help.
Thing is when I first met her she was one of the "sweet nice ladies" and she said her and her fella just drifted apart. Maybe now I'm starting to see why.

Drifting apart my ass, she chased him off with the many number of issues she has
Reply 11
Move on, life isn't a movie. This can only end badly for you
Maybe she doesn't want my efforts but I feel like I can't sit around and do nothing. Her oldest friends are even worried about her and they're asking me a guy who has only known her for a few months to try and help.

They actually asked you to help her? I'm not sure I believe you
try to make her jealous... you too hang out with other friends 'girls' you have and check if that has any impact on her. if yes then you have a chance and if nothing happens then leave her. old strategy but gold.

Just move on, it is clear she is not interested in you, harsh reality but I am afraid that is the truth.
Original post by Juedjegfewo
They actually asked you to help her? I'm not sure I believe you

Maybe not help but theyre worried about her and they dont like this guy she's seeing and are asking if I'm still messaging her.
Reply 16
If she's blown you out you cant really do much. Plus adults have the right to make foolish choices. All you can really do is tell her you're there for her if she wants you.
Damn bro she must be a straight 10 out of 10 if your actually putting up with all that
Reply 18
Mate. This is a girl who has repeatedly told you she's not into you. Take a hint she's not interested. Don't keep hassling and following.
And if even her closest, oldest friends can do nothing, there's not really much more you can do.

Let her go and move on. She'll get a wake up call eventually, or one of her long-time acquaintances will sort her out. Do as the others said: say you're there for her, leave it in her court, and get on with life. Sounds like she's had a rough start to things and needs time and space to figure things out.
Original post by JavaScriptMaster
Damn bro she must be a straight 10 out of 10 if your actually putting up with all that

She is.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending