The Student Room Group

I get the impression this site is very left wing

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Original post by RooshV
Incorrect. You are referring to the morals of the old testament.

No, those are plain barbaric.
Reply 81
Original post by RooshV
Incorrect. You are referring to the morals of the old testament.

No those are plain barbaric.
Original post by mariachi
was diversity an asset in former Yugoslavia ? or in Syria ?

Yugoslavia wasn't a particularly diverse country by European standards. Serbs, Croats and Bosniaks are ethnically the same people and they all speak the same language (although it has various different names).
I’m a Communist, but seriously free speech is under attack, I agree.
"Make TSR great again"...
Original post by inhuman
I would beg to differ.Maybe they just appear loud because you disagree? And in every thread they are in, you just nod your head to those belittling them.

I'm not sure what you're talking about. I clearly disagree with them but every other thread is how Muslims are doing bad stuff and how immigration is destroying the UK and blah blah. Literally every other thread is Islam-bashing. That's why you're loud.

I'm not sure who am I belittling and where.
They keep blocking my posts
Original post by Emperor Casear
Let it put it to you like this.

If you was a white British male and you recently hypothetically find yourself homeless and you go to the council to find temporary, emergency accommodation, you won't get it. Why? Because you're white British and a male, the council and the current politics are more then happy to bend over backwards to help a foreigner to find housing, but not a native citizen who happens to be a man and white. This is as a result of the left wing.

The Conservatives have been in power whilst all this is going on. So you can blame the socially liberal centre for this, not the left wing which has no power. The "left wing" want to use pubic spending to build more accommodation, something fiscal austerity brigade do not want to do. See government cutting funding to a male rape victim charity.

Also the notion that women and children should be given priority over single men is a conservative value based on conservative gender values and the general pervasive ideal that children should get priority.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Reue
It's easy to be left wing when you're a young student and spending other people's money. Get tougher when you're having to work to support yourself.

You spend other people's money whenever you walk on a flipping road.
Reply 89
Original post by Sisuphos
I'm not sure what you're talking about. I clearly disagree with them but every other thread is how Muslims are doing bad stuff and how immigration is destroying the UK and blah blah. Literally every other thread is Islam-bashing. That's why you're loud.

I'm not sure who am I belittling and where.

"nod your head to those belittling them".

So I am not sure either :s-smilie:
Original post by SamDrake
As the title says. I have a Theory as to why, it being a website for the millennial generation and as some of you may be aware, the millennial generation has been brainwashed by the liberal/leftist agenda since they were going to primary school. Hence why the younger generation think the way they do - liberal, overly compassionate to bad entities, no boarders, citizens of the world and terrified of offending anyone who isn't white.

how rong can u b ?
Original post by inhuman
"nod your head to those belittling them".

So I am not sure either :s-smilie:

Who's "them"? right-wing nationalists? if so then yes you're right and I misread you. I do agree that you guys are ignorant and/or evil and/or stupid.
Reply 93
Original post by Mathemagicien
Why do so many people assume being left-wing is equivalent to being a liberal?

The two terms are very different. I identify as far-left, but I am far from being an SJW.

This, essentially.
But I guess the modern "liberal" (a funny name, considering how polarised they are against classical liberalism) OP refers to tend to think that having any concerns at all about uncontrolled immigration, affirmative action, or multiculturalism apparently nets you a place on the right, even if you believe in high taxes for the wealthy and big businesses, environmental regulations, social welfare, universal healthcare, a, where possible, rehabilitation-focused criminal justice system, free university tuition, etc. etc. Since these people are often so vocal, we begin to consider one or two issues, like open borders and cultural relativism, to make or break one's left-wing tendencies. I suppose they have somewhat of a monopoly on the mainstream left.
Reply 94
Original post by Sisuphos
Who's "them"? right-wing nationalists? if so then yes you're right and I misread you. I do agree that you guys are ignorant and/or evil and/or stupid.

I wouldn't consider myself a right-wing nationalist...
Reply 95
Original post by 1 8 13 20 42
This, essentially.
But I guess the modern "liberal" (a funny name, considering how polarised they are against classical liberalism) OP refers to tend to think that having any concerns at all about uncontrolled immigration, affirmative action, or multiculturalism apparently nets you a place on the right, even if you believe in high taxes for the wealthy and big businesses, environmental regulations, social welfare, universal healthcare, a, where possible, rehabilitation-focused criminal justice system, free university tuition, etc. etc. Since these people are often so vocal, we begin to consider one or two issues, like open borders and cultural relativism, to make or break one's left-wing tendencies. I suppose they have somewhat of a monopoly on the mainstream left.

Sarah Wagenknecht was ridiculed by die Linke for suggesting one should curb immigration. She is probably the best thing that ever happened to those old commies, and one of the most intellectuals in German politics. Shame really she is way too left politically.
Reply 96
Trump! Trump! Trump
Original post by inhuman
You are kidding? Religions are conservative af...your Jesus would not be liberal, he would be conservative.

Heads up mate...Jesus hated religion :wink:

Don't confuse the teachings of Jesus with religion. Jesus befriended prostitutes, homosexuals and worked to help the poor. How is that more akin to the Tories? He'd most definitely disagree with the disproportionate spreading of wealth and elitism. He most certainly would not turn his back on immigrants.

Jesus would be a Corbynite.

#Clueless

And fyi, I'm agnostic. But it's clear knowledge that Jesus is a very moral historical figure.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 98
Original post by Twinpeaks
Heads up mate...Jesus hated religion :wink:

Don't confuse the teachings of Jesus with religion. Jesus befriended prostitutes, homosexuals and worked to help the poor. How is that more akin to the Tories? He'd most definitely disagree with the disproportionate spreading of wealth and elitism.

Jesus would be a Corbynite.

#Clueless

Do as I say, not as I do.
Trump! Trump! Trump
make america great again

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending