The Student Room Group

My dream is over

I went for my A level interview and I couldn't do the subjects I wanted. I can't become an dentist. I choose history, English language, English literature and anthropology . I don't even like these subjects. I hate English .

Scroll to see replies

Can you not go somewhere else? If you want to be a dentist, don't do those subjects and don't go there
and you didn't even pick biology, please, you were never going to become one
Reply 3
find another sixth form that will accept you with the grades you got for the subjects you want to study, a levels will be so much harder if you're studying subjects you don't want too
Original post by England113
I went for my A level interview and I couldn't do the subjects I wanted. I can't become an dentist. I choose history, English language, English literature and anthropology . I don't even like these subjects. I hate English .

What couldn't you do the subjects you wanted? Can you change sixth form?
Reply 5

Doing a subject you hate? You're probably asking to fail then. A Levels are hard as it is. Go elsewhere if you must, theres more than one way to be come a dentist.

If you are dead set on becoming a dentist, then change 6th form or resit your gcse's. Theres no point taking subjects you hate and look down on.

As I recall your main motivating factors were to get in a job that pays lots of money and to be seen to be successful.

As I said last time the aim is to do subjects than enable you to get the highest grades possible so you cna get into the best uni. If you are weak in the subjects you needed to take then do soemthing about it , resit and show you can be strong, then they will let you take them.
Original post by James David
and you didn't even pick biology, please, you were never going to become one

"I couldn't do the subjects I wanted" - cleary those subjects that he has listed are the ones he chose after being informed he couldn't do the original subjects, I assume the original subjects included Chemistry and Biology.
England 113, out of interest what were your GCSE results?
Reply 9
I did but I was refused
Reply 10
I didn't get a B in maths.
I didn't get a B in maths.

Can you resit?

Couldn't u do a pre-dental year?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Juedjegfewo
England 113, out of interest what were your GCSE results?

Use the tag thing like this - @*insertnamehere*
Original post by cbreef
Use the tag thing like this - @*insertnamehere*

Ah awesome thanks chap
Resit your GCSES and then you can become a dentist
Original post by Juedjegfewo
Ah awesome thanks chap

No problem @Juedjegfewo :tongue:
Reply 17
Original post by trabajadora
Can you resit?

I asked but there said no

See if anther college/sixth form might accept you or choose different subjects, ones that you like more. How about psychology? That's got some science in it, applied science? Don't choose subjects that you hate, you probably won't do well in them.

How did you do in your science GCSEs?
Reply 19
Original post by Black Rose
See if anther college/sixth form might accept you or choose different subjects, ones that you like more. How about psychology? That's got some science in it, applied science? Don't choose subjects that you hate, you probably won't do well in them.

How did you do in your science GCSEs?

I got an B

Quick Reply

Latest