The Student Room Group

Healthcare Science Physiological Sciences Placement

I'm going to Plymouth Uni so I'm not sure if it works any differently elsewhere but does anyone know what kind of hours we'll be doing whilst on the placement at the end of our first year? E.g. 9-5, shift work etc

Also... I've only found one person doing this course at Plym so it would be great to meet more people before we start! :colondollar:
Original post by Bleb
I'm going to Plymouth Uni so I'm not sure if it works any differently elsewhere but does anyone know what kind of hours we'll be doing whilst on the placement at the end of our first year? E.g. 9-5, shift work etc

Also... I've only found one person doing this course at Plym so it would be great to meet more people before we start! :colondollar:

Hey!

I'd imagine, as it is run in partnership with the NHS, you'd be doing similar shifts to whichever area you're in.

When I was on placement for my healthcare course, the shifts could be quite varied (7.30 - 3.30, 8 - 4, 9 - 5) or any variation of these over the week. It would be something to ask your placement coordinator or academic advisor when you start :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by JoeL1994
Hey!

I'd imagine, as it is run in partnership with the NHS, you'd be doing similar shifts to whichever area you're in.

When I was on placement for my healthcare course, the shifts could be quite varied (7.30 - 3.30, 8 - 4, 9 - 5) or any variation of these over the week. It would be something to ask your placement coordinator or academic advisor when you start :smile:

Hiya!

Ahh okay thanks so much that's really helpful :smile: when you say "over the week" does that include working weekends?

I'll check with YDH as they're sponsoring me :biggrin: thanks again!:smile:
Original post by Bleb
Hiya!

Ahh okay thanks so much that's really helpful :smile: when you say "over the week" does that include working weekends?

I'll check with YDH as they're sponsoring me :biggrin: thanks again!:smile:

I'm doing OT so mine was weekdays only, I know some other courses do work weekends and nights, nurses for exampe.

Quick Reply

Latest