The Student Room Group

Extended Project title?

I'm starting my Extended Project but dont really know the title or hypothesis I want to focus on. I'd like to do more research about something linking sport to children with special needs but have no idea how to link it. Either that or do something that will link Economics with Sport, maybe about funding to schools and various sports across the country, been inspired due to the Olympics and find it very interesting. Any ideas?
Sorry you've not had any responses about this. :frown: Are you sure you've posted in the right place? :smile: Here's a link to our subject forum which should help get you more responses if you post there. :redface:

You can also find the Exam Thread list for A-levels here and GCSE here. :dumbells:

Just quoting in Fox Corner so she can move the thread if needed :h:

Spoiler

Original post by abigailsophie
I'm starting my Extended Project but dont really know the title or hypothesis I want to focus on. I'd like to do more research about something linking sport to children with special needs but have no idea how to link it. Either that or do something that will link Economics with Sport, maybe about funding to schools and various sports across the country, been inspired due to the Olympics and find it very interesting. Any ideas?

Hi maybe you could talk about the pros and cons of the Rio Olympics and whether it was right that the Olympics was chosen to be held there given the level of poverty, as well as economic boost the country was given? Or sort of map the economic impact of the Olympics across History in bringing revenues to countries or something idrk

Don't hv much to say about the children with special needs and sports idea, but perhaps this could be linked to the Paralympics? :biggrin:
Original post by abigailsophie

The above post suggests the RIO Olympics but I'd suggest doing it on the 2012 London Olympics.
Much more sources should be available and the legacy and data will be able to be researched.

Something like:
"To what extent did the London 2012 Olympics provide a financial legacy for Children with Special Needs?"

Or "To what extent did the London 2012 Olympics impact funding for sports for Children with Special Needs?"

They may seem like scary titles but honestly you can do it.

It gives you a rough idea, but feel free to ask more.
Original post by nitashaaxx
Hi maybe you could talk about the pros and cons of the Rio Olympics and whether it was right that the Olympics was chosen to be held there given the level of poverty, as well as economic boost the country was given? Or sort of map the economic impact of the Olympics across History in bringing revenues to countries or something idrk

Don't hv much to say about the children with special needs and sports idea, but perhaps this could be linked to the Paralympics? :biggrin:

Thank you for this suggestion. I hadn't thought of looking at my topic from that perspective. This is also very good for me as I am studying Geography and History as well as Economics and PE so it really brings all my subjects and strengths together which I have been advised to do.
Thank you once again.
Original post by HelpusPleasus
The above post suggests the RIO Olympics but I'd suggest doing it on the 2012 London Olympics.
Much more sources should be available and the legacy and data will be able to be researched.

Something like:
"To what extent did the London 2012 Olympics provide a financial legacy for Children with Special Needs?"

Or "To what extent did the London 2012 Olympics impact funding for sports for Children with Special Needs?"

They may seem like scary titles but honestly you can do it.

It gives you a rough idea, but feel free to ask more.

Thank you for this suggestion, I am going to suggest the latter title to my advisor when I start college in a week. Thank you!

Quick Reply

Latest