The Student Room Group

not sure what i can do with my life anymore....

Is btec level 3 good? I couldn't get into a levels and I still wanna go into a good university,i also feel guilty and scared because of my gcse results.i was predicted around 8-9 gcses but i came out with 5, i want to study at the good university, but am worried that because of my gcse results and the fact that am not doing a levels could potentially never get me a place, am going to study a business level 3 and work hard to get d*d*d* (if thats possible).and i was wondering will me doing a btec instead of alevels make me less favourable than students doing a levels . and what unis can i get into with my qualifications.
Reply 1
I'm not entirely sure what universities stance on BTECs in comparison to A Levels are but I believe that a Level 3 BTEC should be equally equivalent to someone who has done 3 A Levels. I'm really sorry you didn't do as well as you had hoped to in your GCSEs but all is not lost yet! Work really hard at your BTEC and hopefully you'll come out with D*D*D*. If you really have the drive to do it and you're willing to work incredibly hard then you shall be able to do it. Unfortunately, I can't give you much practical help about what universities you can get into because I know very little about it but feel confident in the knowledge that if you try hard enough then you can achieve what you want! If universities won't accept you without A-Levels, maybe you should use this year to retake some GCSEs or find a different college or sixth form to accept you onto an A-Level course.

On the other hand, a BTEC may allow you to have a more hands on approach to the subject especially considering its business. It also shows your ambition for the subject by taking a course that is purely business.

Finally, remember that there are other ways into a good career without going to a "good" university or even going to one at all. Don't get too hung up about it and just remember to work as hard as you can. Maybe your life wasn't meant to go in a certain direction and this is all a new adventure!:smile:
Original post by hq7
Is btec level 3 good? I couldn't get into a levels and I still wanna go into a good university,i also feel guilty and scared because of my gcse results.i was predicted around 8-9 gcses but i came out with 5, i want to study at the good university, but am worried that because of my gcse results and the fact that am not doing a levels could potentially never get me a place, am going to study a business level 3 and work hard to get d*d*d* (if thats possible).and i was wondering will me doing a btec instead of alevels make me less favourable than students doing a levels . and what unis can i get into with my qualifications.

You need 5 GCSEs to do A-levels. If you want to go into Uni then why don't you look for a different college that will let you in with 5 GCSEs?

Quick Reply

Latest