The Student Room Group

Can I go to two different sixth forms at once?

I have recently just enrolled at the only college I applied for after getting my results, but when choosing my options they told me I couldn't do English Literature! This is because it's in the same option block as Biology (one of my 3 choices). I have to pick between the two and I really want to do both of these A-Levels and there is no way that they will change the option blocks to allow me to do English Literature, Biology and Business. So, I was wondering if it would be possible for me to attend two different sixth forms and do 2 courses at one sixth form, and 1 (possibly two if I did Geography too) at another sixth form. Has anyone else had this problem or gone to two different colleges at the same time?
Reply 1
You'd have to check whether the timetables will match up. I really hope you can do both but it's very unlikely it will work out, I've never heard of someone at two sixth forms haha! It will also be difficult with exams, you'd have to travel between each venue etc. Can you not do all three at the second sixth form either?
What about teaching it yourself? I think that's more realistic than 2 sixth forms.
The only sixth form I want to go to is the one I have enrolled at already. I'll have to talk to someone there and see if I can sort something out. Thank you for your help though!
Original post by student46803
I have recently just enrolled at the only college I applied for after getting my results, but when choosing my options they told me I couldn't do English Literature! This is because it's in the same option block as Biology (one of my 3 choices). I have to pick between the two and I really want to do both of these A-Levels and there is no way that they will change the option blocks to allow me to do English Literature, Biology and Business. So, I was wondering if it would be possible for me to attend two different sixth forms and do 2 courses at one sixth form, and 1 (possibly two if I did Geography too) at another sixth form. Has anyone else had this problem or gone to two different colleges at the same time?

This is only really possible when two institutions have a formal connection to enable it otherwise timetable problems and complex funding issues would get in the way. That's a funny combination of A levels that you want to choose, what do you want to do in the future, is there an alternative selection that would get you there?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by gdunne42
This is only really possible when two institutions have a formal connection to enable it otherwise timetable problems and complex funding issues would get in the way. That's a funny combination of A levels that you want to choose, what do you want to do in the future, is there an alternative selection that would get you there?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I know that they are a weird selection but I'm still unsure about what I want to do in the future (university) because my mind changes constantly. I wanted to give myself more options when it comes to that which is why I have selected those options.
Yes it's possible to do this but you'd honestly save yourself much more time applying and enrolling to ONLY 1 sixth form trust me. I suggest you critically consider what you'd like to do with those subjects after sixth form and which would beneift you the most depending on which career you'd like to pursueand choose to leave either one of them or why don't you just apply to another sixth form that will allow you to do all the subjects of your choice?
Original post by student46803
If you really want to do English lit, you could consider doing it as a "night course" at a fe or adult college. Or as a home study subject, if your college is happy for you to sit the exams, as private candidate can get very expensive

Latest