The Student Room Group

Only have 2 a-levels. What to do next?

I dropped both Chem and bio after AS since I did awful in them and found them too hard. I just finished school and am now on a gap year. Shall I do a new a-level during my gap year?
Hey I have 2 as well dropped one earlier this year and taking an intensive Alevel for a year
Well, I don't think you can go to uni with only 2 so if you want to do that then you'll have to do another. (I could be mistaken. At least at RG universities).

If you don't want to go to uni then look for opportunities. Start a craft, go to a firm or something. What do you want to do?

Don't just sit about at home though. Universities don't like it and if you don't go to uni then its a wasted year.
Reply 3
I only have 2 A levels. I planned on doing an intensive A level in a year then found a degree I could get on with just 2, I started this degree last sept but decided it wasn't for me so dropped out (as there was nothing I could swap to that I was interested in)

I was convinced that I would have to take a year out to do an A level this year to enable me to get onto a Zoology degree.

Two weeks ago I enrolled on a Fd degree in animal management, I'll do this for 2 years then can do a 'top up degree' for 1 year (in various subjects) and still do a masters in what I was planning on originally.

What do you want to do at uni ? Maybe see if there's a different way round to getting the same result as I have. Or perhaps see if any unis offer your degree with a foundation year (makes the course 1 year longer) Hope that helps a bit x
Reply 4
Original post by ked95
I only have 2 A levels. I planned on doing an intensive A level in a year then found a degree I could get on with just 2, I started this degree last sept but decided it wasn't for me so dropped out (as there was nothing I could swap to that I was interested in)

I was convinced that I would have to take a year out to do an A level this year to enable me to get onto a Zoology degree.

Two weeks ago I enrolled on a Fd degree in animal management, I'll do this for 2 years then can do a 'top up degree' for 1 year (in various subjects) and still do a masters in what I was planning on originally.

What do you want to do at uni ? Maybe see if there's a different way round to getting the same result as I have. Or perhaps see if any unis offer your degree with a foundation year (makes the course 1 year longer) Hope that helps a bit x

Thanks a lot for the helpful advice. I want to study ancient history/anthropology and if you want to know, I got BB in classics and history
Reply 5
You'll have to do a bit of research really and contact unis to see what they advise you to do. Or I know someone who did an 'access to higher education' course at a college which might also be an option for you?

I guess it depends on how you learn, for me, doing an intensive A level online would be awful as I get distracted easily and am way better in a classroom environment! Start researching now so nothing is left last minute :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest