The Student Room Group

Hospital pharmacy Pre-registration Applications (Pharmalife) 2017/2018

Scroll to see replies

Hey guys, do you think it is okay being emotional in your answers?*
Original post by devochkamolniya
Hey guys, do you think it is okay being emotional in your answers?*

What do you mean by emotional? As in if you don't mind giving an example?
I thought preparing a day before interviews would be enough no? I mean there is no point in prep before an answer?
Original post by MeredithGrey13
What do you mean by emotional? As in if you don't mind giving an example?

Like my desire to do hospital pharmacy is due to... something along those lines *
Original post by quasa
sadly, most hospitals wanted at least 6 months to a year of pre-reg experience in hospital. I know people who do end up there but they usually have to work for 2 years as a pharmacist before being considered (similar case with GP surgeries, which is another avenue I am interested in). So atm, I am stuck locumming for community but the pay isnt too bad

Spoiler

heck I know a few people who are earning

Spoiler

so I should consider myself lucky

My fall back plan is hospital bank work for like a year and then band 6?
Like my desire to do hospital pharmacy is due to... something along those lines *

To be honest I am not sure, it might seem clichéd depending on the situation. Personally I think I would refrain from it and use the limited characters to sell yourself on experience etc.

I am sorry if anything happened needing a hospital pharmacist etc, to you and hope you are okay now :smile:
To be honest I am not sure, it might seem clichéd depending on the situation. Personally I think I would refrain from it and use the limited characters to sell yourself on experience etc.

I am sorry if anything happened needing a hospital pharmacist etc, to you and hope you are okay now :smile:

So did you use that last bit to tell about your experience? What did you mention? **
Submitted lol.
Original post by CHEM AND BIO TIME!
My fall back plan is hospital bank work for like a year and then band 6?

its worth a shot but bear in mind you have to be patient regarding finding bank work (also be prepared to move elsewhere in the country)
Is there a chance hospitals will start contacting people Thursday?
So did you use that last bit to tell about your experience? What did you mention? **

Yup just experience and why I prefer hospital to community etc etc
Original post by quasa
its worth a shot but bear in mind you have to be patient regarding finding bank work (also be prepared to move elsewhere in the country)

I guess.

Hope we get answerd on the 1st!!!
Original post by CHEM AND BIO TIME!
I guess.

Hope we get answerd on the 1st!!!

fingers crossed for everyone on the thread (who isnt already a drug dealer, i mean pharmacist :smile: )
When hospitals receive our application forms do they have a criteria to stick to in order to select for interviews?
Or does whoever is selecting them just pick it because they like it? 😂😂
If anyone knows anything help!
When hospitals receive our application forms do they have a criteria to stick to in order to select for interviews?
Or does whoever is selecting them just pick it because they like it? 😂😂
If anyone knows anything help!

all hospitals (should) have specifications on pharmalife. if you meet certain aspects of the specifications, then that is favourable. certain trusts do a points based scheme where they award you out of 3 points for different questions in the interview (0 bad, 3 best possible), as well as application form and depending on who scores the highest, you will be offered a job provisionally (providing you graduate)
Original post by quasa
all hospitals (should) have specifications on pharmalife. if you meet certain aspects of the specifications, then that is favourable. certain trusts do a points based scheme where they award you out of 3 points for different questions in the interview (0 bad, 3 best possible), as well as application form and depending on who scores the highest, you will be offered a job provisionally (providing you graduate)

Like mainly just on the pharmalife application? Surely hospitals could receive a few hundred applicants!? How will they pick 3/4?

If you don't graduate despite being offered a position by the hospital, can you go there the following year or how does it work?
Like mainly just on the pharmalife application? Surely hospitals could receive a few hundred applicants!? How will they pick 3/4?

If you don't graduate despite being offered a position by the hospital, can you go there the following year or how does it work?

it varies from hospital to hospital, those who offer interviews immediately apaprently run a 1st x amount, screen ,then offer interview. larger ones take longer as they screen longer.

if you dont graduate you have to re-apply. alternatively, ask if it is possible for a deferal
(edited 7 years ago)
Will hospitals be replying on the weekends?
Will hospitals be replying on the weekends?

I'm not too sure to be honest :colondollar: I guess its possible but I dont remember getting an interview over the weekend
How is it possible to still feel this much anxiety even though I've finally submitted the application. Urgh

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending